Help! Baby won't drink milk unless asleep!

Flojo

Hi!! My 4 month old baby suddenly just doesn't want to drink her milk unless she's half asleep or asleep! How can I get her to drink while awake? I am very worried about her chocking. She had reflux previously but it went away by the time she was 3 months old. She is just so disinterested in milk. Can anyone advise?

hueychye79

Hi

Can i know what is you baby milk intake interval?

Did you try to drag the time a bit longer until she feel hungry?

My daughter milk intake is about 2hrs interval but sometimes she also reject the milk, so i just drag a bit longer until she cry for milk..

Or, is it because your baby is teething?

It may afffect her intake when baby is teething due to uncomfortable of her gum..

Flojo

She takes 120ml every 3 hrs. Really don't know what to do! We can't drag further than 3 hrs as she gets cranky between hunger and sleepiness. I don't know about the teething part but she's been like this for a few weeks now! And she's drooling a lot too.

Hi

Can i know what is you baby milk intake interval?

Did you try to drag the time a bit longer until she feel hungry?

My daughter milk intake is about 2hrs interval but sometimes she also reject the milk, so i just drag a bit longer until she cry for milk..

Or, is it because your baby is teething?

It may afffect her intake when baby is teething due to uncomfortable of her gum..

hueychye79

Actually you can try to use your finger to touch her gum, if she is teething you definately can feel it.

Drooling is a symptom of theething..

If she is teething, you can buy the teething gel or toy for her to bite..

venicewong

is she sick? how long does she reject milk already? if it just happened these few days, may be she is starting to fall sick already. You may bring her to see doctor to have consultation. Baby will refuse drink milk when she has blocking nose or phlegm. Please don't force her to drink. She will drink it when she is hungry.

Flojo

She's not sick or unwell. She's just a fussy drinker! I brought her to the shopping mall and she drank ok. But at home, she just refuses to drink unless half asleep or asleep. What can I do ya? I did notice that the middle inner part of her tongue is rather white though. Tried to remove it but can't. Not sure if it is Thrust. But she's not in pain though. SIGHHHHH....What is wrong with her?!!!

is she sick? how long does she reject milk already? if it just happened these few days, may be she is starting to fall sick already. You may bring her to see doctor to have consultation. Baby will refuse drink milk when she has blocking nose or phlegm. Please dont't force her to drink. She will drink it when she is hungry.