HELP!breastfeeding baby keep on poo poo..HOW??

Qq_panda

Hi everyone
anyone can tell me is it normal?my 3 weeks baby is having half fm n half bm..meaning daytime he is on bm.night time on fm..
i realise he keep on poo poo..n is the more liquid kind..nt hard stool..
my mother in law said is normal since he drink breastmilk...is it true?
my mother who is doing my confinement don really like to feed him with breastmilk(i pump out)cos of his poo poo..has to keep on changing..
how?want to stop giving him or nt?

panda, please do not worry. bf-ing bbies rarely have problems poo-ing. some may poo as frequent as every feed.

at 5wks bb poo SHOULD be watery - usually yellow, sometimes green. in fact, soft poo is the ideal poo. what you DO NOT want is solid poo, which probably means bb is constipated.

please DO NOT stop breastfeeding if you have good milk supply. breastmilk is the BEST food for baby - it has just the right nutrients. it is so perfect that to date, no scientist or nutritionist or PD or doctor has been able to replicate it 100%. that is why the fm tins always have a disclaimer that says "breastmilk is still best for baby".

also, feeding straight from breast helps maintain & increase your milk supply. it's also wonderful bonding for mummy & bb.

it helps to do a little reading or surfing to find out more about newborn bb care, esp in the first 3 months. will help answer loads of questions & clear your doubts.

Last edited: