[[ Help!!! Formula feeding!! ]]

maichiang

Hi everyone, plz advice if you haf gone through/is going through the same phrase as mi..

I had been exclusively breastfeeding for almost 16mnths..started introducing FM to mi boi abt a mnth ago..he HATES it..so i decided to force feed till he 'accepts' the taste and get drinking it on his own..bt till now he doesnt!! i know it will take tym bt its driving mi crazy to haf to run afta him, pacify him wid toys,cartoons? to feed him through SYRINGE!! when he is in gd mood, he drinks through syringe w/o struggle..bt when he is not in a mood, oh boy..we go through a huge struggle and he is so strong!! i dunno if its the taste of milk? will he eva accept milk??!! i cant be giving him mi BM always and i dun wan to stop giving him milk..and i dun him to haf the habit of drinking it through syringe bt tts the onli way he drinks now..which FM is betta den gainIQ? he is currently drinking tt.. Plz do advice! TIA!=D

Last edited:

zozorro

How about slowly introducing formula milk? Start with a mix of 80%BM+20%FM in a bottle, then 60%BM+40%FM... then slowly n gradually increasing the amount of FM till its 100%. It's gonna take some time to have your boy used to FM so what we need is a lot of patience n not giving up.

zozorro

Add on: if your boy has a sensitive taste bud, then u might hv to add the FM only 5% at a time so it wont be a drastic change of taste for him...

zozorro

My boy was fully latched on breastfed baby too. When I first tried to introduce bottle, he would go into hysterical cry mode and put up a struggle every time. I can tell he doesn't like the teat because it's different from the "real thing". I have to go out and buy all sort of bottle with all shape and form of teat. Finally after many crying, struggles and many different bottle and teat, he finally accepted a bottle with latex teat.

Mommy just have to be patient and try different approach I guess.

On a side note, now I have so many different bottle and teat in my drawer - any brand and any made in the market, u name it I have it. :p

zozorro

And also i wasted so much EBM to use to mix with FM just to get him used to the taste and take it from a bottle. So good luck to u! :))