Help : Hair loss

ellyeun

my baby is coming 4 months..
every1 told me, mother will start to drop hair when baby is 4 months old. initially i don believe it. but lately, I'm starting to drop alot of hair. and i REALLY MEANT ALOT!!
any remedies folks?

and when will all this ends? or rather willl it ever ends?

Me too!! When baby turned 4 mths, I started to drop alot of hair n yes, it's ALOT. When wAshing hair, my hair dropped out by chunks like kenna some terminal illness. So freaked out n realized it's quite common. Actually it's coz when we r preg, we dun drop as much hair as normal. So after delivery , when hormones stabilize excessive hair loss is normal.
I started using hairloss prods but no use lei hehe...,
Last time my ferns told me they lost hair after birth I was thinking I dun hafta worry much coz my hair is very very thick n I dun mind losing some! But the hair loss was scary!

Most of my fren's hair grew back by 7-8 mths nothing much can be do e except put hair tonic. now preg again , #1 is 7+mths, n hair growing back aldy. Alot of baby hair chucking out so ugly. But at least got hair lah

Last edited:
So there's nothing we can do!?! Arghhh.. ESP my hair very long, everywhere I walk I leave traces..... ):
Can buy good hairloss products if ya want. My Sis says alot of Pontianak 's hair on floor coz my hair also v long. Doesn't help when my baby keeps pulling off my hair too . Sigh... But somehow hair tonic helps a little.

lekdao

Not all ppl suit the same type of products (hair loss shampoo/hair tonic). I tried 2 brands of hair loss shampoo (Kanz and Pro Q (or Q Pro), i suit kanz; and used Richenna hair tonic. Think you gotta try and find which brand suit you.

if you dun wan to leave traces, tie/bun up your hair then your baby dun pull your hair.

Last edited:

ellyeun

ya man.. my hair is always bun up... using a lot of tonic now, mom ask me to take more calcium too. wonder if tt helps. but i just take anyways.. hope all will end soon.. very scary to drop so much hair!

mumusings

Older folks advised me to take more seaweed (eg. in soup, maki) and black sesame. I think hair-loss is stress-related too so try to relax a little more!

mummy jay

I used to drop alot of hair too!! I asked my hairstylist for help and she said that I had weak scalp. Its supposed to be very common after giving birth. She recommended a Redken shampoo to me and a serum by L'oreal...I used for about 2 weeks and can start to see less hairloss. The serum a bit expensive though...but I've also seen it recommended for post-natal hair-loss in a magazine before.

mummy jay

I used to drop alot of hair too!! I asked my hairstylist for help and she said that I had weak scalp. Its supposed to be very common after giving birth. She recommended a Redken shampoo to me and a serum by L'oreal...I used for about 2 weeks and can start to see less hairloss. The serum a bit expensive though...but I've also seen it recommended for post-natal hair-loss in a magazine before.
Oops sorry...the serum is Keratase Specifique...not L'oreal

stemich

Hi...u can try using Nefful negative ion products...such as wearing a Nefful cap...not only does it prevent hair loss, but it stimulates new hair growth and also helps to improve on ur scalp..making ur white hair become black...most importantly, u do not need to take any oral medication/ supplements..so it is safe with no side effects :)

Regards,
Mich

TotsPrecious

I think its really normal. I encountered hair loss after my 1st delivery 4 month later, and hair loss reduce at about a yr old for my kid. Now after 2nd delivery, encountered same thing again, hopefully it will goes off few months later. Cheers to all mummies.

emmienat

Try Rogaine from the pharmacy, chemical name minoxidil 50mg/ml (for man). there are 2 versions, for man or woman, the woman's version has lower concentration hence not effective. i had a huge patch of baldness with my first child and it took me 3 months after application for my hair to regrow. it is scientifically proven. now with my second child at 5 months, i'm applying on the weak spots as a preventive measure. breastfeeding mums please consult your doctor before using.

hi all, i m oso having the same problem, lots of hair loss especially after washing my hair..so its reli common after delivery ah, hehe..but reli scary, i scared i ll go bald soon ah..any more remedies for such hair loss problem??

KOOLMUM

hi all, i m also having the same problem, lots of hair loss especially after washing my hair..so its reli common after delivery , hehe..but reli scary, i scared i ll go bald soon ..any more remedies for such hair loss problem??
Hi

It happened to me too. From 4mths onwards, kept losing hair, everywhere in the house can find my hair. But don't worry, u just need to snip it off to a bob hairstyle, when hair is lighter, it doesn't fall that easily. Now my bb is 1y.o., hair loss has stopped miraculously.....so just be patient :tbiggrin: