Help! Im gonna break down..

Hi mummies, I've couple of problems here .

Firstly, my 5 n a half months baby has been waking up exactly every one hour at nite! I've not been sleeping well for so long n I can't be in the right mood to play with him in d daytime. I'm a full time mum. He wakes up tossing n fussing around n needs to be pat to sleep. Every hr! My hubby n I can't tahan anymore! Aiyo....:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::bbconfused::mhissyfit::bbconfused::wong21::bunsure:why is he lime this? He had been very guai from birth to 4 mths. Can just leave him alone to play n entertain himself now he cries n cries ESP when he roll over n can't flip back. Hai .....

Secondly, I THINK I'm pregnAnt again!! Oh no.... I've been feeling nauseous n extremely tired but I blame it on being sleep deprived. I can't imagine having a big big tummy only boy's first birthday. I duno how to break d news to family too coz they c the way my hubby n I quarrel after we have our first baby,they dun think we sud have another so soon. I didn't wan to have one so soon .
I juz tested positive on d test kit but juz find it unbelievable coz we used protection n we were not very 'active' after baby boy is out hehee..

How?? Oh no..

apollo

IS your boy being cranky too? He could be teething. Cause when ds was teething, he will also wake up freqeuntly at night, not asking for milk but just waking up and fuss ard, sometimes even cry v badly. The problem goes off only aft his teeth came out.

As for being pregnant, I think your family has no say in it. They are not the one who can comment whether this is the right time for you to have #2 anot. Though you might think it is very tiring to have #2 now, and somemore is an unplanned pregnancy. But since you are pregnant alrdy, why not change your mindset and think positively? =)

IS your boy being cranky too? He could be teething. Cause when dear son was teething, he will also wake up freqeuntly at night, not asking for milk but just waking up and fuss around, sometimes even cry very badly. The problem goes off only after his teeth came out.

As for being pregnant, I think your family has no say in it. They are not the one who can comment whether this is the right time for you to have #2 anot. Though you might think it is very tiring to have #2 now, and somemore is an unplanned pregnancy. But since you are pregnant alrdy, why not change your mindset and think positively? =)
No lei .. He's not teething .. I wish he is, hehee..coz ped checked his gums n said not teething :nah:

Yea my hubby told me not to keep thinking what ppl will think.. Hai... Tot can go out work already. But not sure of the test kit is ' zhun' coz tested too early?

apollo

Usually tested positive means is positive alrdy. unless u tested negative when u're really preg, that could means that u tested too early. having kids with nearer gap has pros n cons. honestly, of cos u will feel tired cos the age gap is only 1 year. but u 'xinku' at once, bring them up tgt and when they are older, u can go out to wk w/o having to stop wking again when u have #2 when ur #1 is older. And your #1 will have a playmate from young. =)

dont care abt what others think. Others can only give you advices, not askin u to follow what they feel is right. Some ppl just like to make ppl's life miserable by giving useless comments. And which couple dont quarrel? I suppose majority of couples quarrel when the wives is preg, cos a new member will be joining the family soon, sure will have weird feeling (happy, anxious, panic etc). This is normal. =)

Last edited:
Thanks Apollo , for your sound advice! Really needed that. Now just gotta takecare of my body coz I've always got a weaker body n suffered from m/c s before. I hope to get some help in the house but not sure sud get maid or nanny to takecare of housechores or #1 . hubby dun like a maid in house lei... N I think he wud have to change to bigger car coz will need 2 carseats n 2 strollers! His car is a Jazz now too small !

Financially shiong! I was thinking actually I can still do housework only not chNging bedsheets n heavy ones.If get nanny, I dun like the idea of others taking care of bb. Headache now! Thinking maybe I can handle this all on my own? MIL 's thinking is outdated one so dun like her to look after boy. Whereas my mum iS very happening kind, always go party hahaa

apollo

Maybe u can try getting a PT maid to go to ur hse few times a week to help out with some housework like changing bedsheets, washing toilets/clothes etc etc and you concentrate on resting n taking care ur #1 and just do some simple housework like washing the dishes etc? As for the pram, i think by then ur son will be able to walk, dont get one more pram 1st, if not might waste the money. getting 2nd pram or not u can wait until ur #2 is born den decide.

Mummy to Baby V

I can understand the fussing at night part. My FUSSY boy fussed every hour or so from 4 - 14 months old!!!
He'd to be carried & bounced to sleep. Then at night, I simply breastfed him back to sleep else i'd have gone crazy. When he could understand me better, then I started letting him learn to sleep without carrying / latching / etc.

Learning new skills and teething can disrupt sleep too. It's usually a passing phase.

As for baby #2, see it as a blessing. :)
When #2 comes along, we're sticking to the same car, let toddler sit in front (remove air bag), while baby & I sit behind.
There're strollers that sit 2 kids - in front & behind.
Or use ergonomic baby carrier to carry baby who needs to be carried. The other one in stroller.

Part-time helper would be very helpful indeed, to do heavy duty cleaning.
Things will work out somehow as all mummies are strong right? All the best! :)

Maybe you can try getting a PT maid to go to your house few times a week to help out with some housework like changing bedsheets, washing toilets/clothes etc etc and you concentrate on resting n taking care your #1 and just do some simple housework like washing the dishes etc? As for the pram, i think by then your son will be able to walk, dont get one more pram 1st, if not might waste the money. getting 2nd pram or not you can wait until your #2 is born then decide.
Ya was very kan jiong wanted to buy so many things but realized actually no need to. Hehee coz have all d stuff we need already. Hai.. Duno when to go c my gynae too , dun wanna face reality keke...

Yea think will get part time maid lor first few years tahan lor.. There goes the last few precious years of my youth hahaa

I can understand the fussing at night part. My FUSSY boy fussed every hour or so from 4 - 14 months old!!!

Learning new skills and teething can disrupt sleep too. It's usually a passing phase.

As for baby #2, see it as a blessing. :)
When #2 comes along, we're sticking to the same car, let toddler sit in front (remove air bag), while baby & I sit behind.
There're strollers that sit 2 kids - in front & behind.
Or use ergonomic baby carrier to carry baby who needs to be carried. The other one in stroller.

Part-time helper would be very helpful indeed, to do heavy duty cleaning.
Thanks for your encouragement!I was so happy when u mentioned u removed the airbag , then tot no need to change car. Told my hubby then he said his car's airbag can't be removed hahaa!

Yea was thinking of getting the front n back stroller, always c ppl pushing it around, never tot I will be using it soon. Hai... Too soon!

Things will work out somehow as all mummies are strong right? All the best! :)[/QUOTE]

Mummy to Baby V

Thanks for your encouragement!I was so happy when u mentioned u removed the airbag , then tot no need to change car. Told my hubby then he said his car's airbag can't be removed hahaa!

Yea was thinking of getting the front n back stroller, always c ppl pushing it around, never tot I will be using it soon. Hai... Too soon!
Oic, we chose a car with removable air bag for flexibility with more kids. Some cars even better: can easily de-activate the air bag, don't need to remove it. If put 2 car seats behind, really squashed for Mummy to sit in centre.

Whatever the case, think positive at all times! I'm planning for #2 and hope to have good news too. :)

Oic, we chose a car with removable air bag for flexibility with more kids. Some cars even better: can easily -activate the air bag, dont't need to remove it. If put 2 car seats behind, really squashed for Mummy to sit in centre.

Whatever the case, think positive at all times! I'm planning for #2 and hope to have good news too. :)
Just went to c gynae , he was shocked to see me again. Hai.. Can see baby 's little heartbeat aldy 5weeks plus. Headache ..
Good luck to u babe! I always kena pregnant when I start taking my evening primrose. Duno y hahaa ! Then read somewhere it helps in improving fertility! Duno how true! U may wanna try. .

apollo

congrats! 5 weeks preg is still early to see bb's heartbeat. i went to my gynae at 4week+ and cant even see the sac, only a tiny dot. haha!

Mummy to Baby V

Ha... I took evening primrose last time when bothered by menstrual cramps. I'd better stick to the current supplements advised by obgyn for now, cos may have good news anytime. Congrats on the little heartbeat! :)