Help! Mummies, I NEED UR ADVICE!!!

tcmy

Mummies!

Im a first time mummy, still many things to learn.. my bb is one month plus le. Been taking care of her myself as my hubby n ILs are working till evening.

But now..

Im seriously going crazy soon.. has stayed up whole night for a few days.. My bb isnt sleeping at night.. i cuddle her to sleep, and when i put her down.. she wakes up n cry again.. i repeatedly doing this action till morning.. more frustrating is my ILs.. been telling them not to carry n rock her that often n play with her at night.. now whenever she was being put down, she start to cry.. everytime i tell my ILs about the DOs n DONTs, they will give me "y must listen" that kind of face. Feeling so discouraged sometimes.. My hubby wont help out much..

How? Please tell me what to do.. T.T i really afraid that its a habit to her already..

annteo

Maybe u want try swaddle her, so she felt more secure.
Bb will be fuss n cry too if they r hungry or stomach bolted w wind.
can try patting her on bed to sleep during day time, let her get used to the routine.
Must remember, bb r smart.

annteo

U can email me (ryanmum@hotmail.com) or add me in ur Facebook, if u need more advise or just some to talk too.
Dun worry, u will do fine.

lovepixie

Hmm baby might be colic or too cold? That's y want ppl to pick up? I think this stage baby too early to develop habit yet. Check for 3 things:
Touch baby lips c she wants milk or not?
Check baby neck c sweating or too cold?
Check pampers see poo or pee

Good luck

Alisa

could be yr baby still confuse about which is day and night. try to wake and play with her more during the day time.

Try to come up with sleep routine like 30mins before, you carry her to her cot, make the room very dim n dark, swaddle her then put her in cot, then turn on musical music, those tat hang at baby cot so baby can listen to soothing music. Tell baby now is night time, go sleep. Then daytime when she nap, make the environment brighter n noisier n tell baby this is afternoon nap. Sleep awhile can Liao. Try this a week n c if it works. Else before baby at night sleep, give her new change in pajamas n a fast warm wipe to clean her up n put some baby lotion to calm her down. Some baby like to "bath" before sleep. When. Say bath u don't put baby in the tub. Just use warm water with cloth, give her good clean wipe will do.

Hope the above helps coz it works for my #1. Now xpecting #2, don't know next time will work or not. But good luck n no stress. Relax. U stress baby also can feel it. Sometimes if baby cry once u put in cot, maybe baby just wan attract attention, not really want u cradle or anything so maybe u try let baby cry for 5min n u leave the room n c if It helps. But before u leave room, u tell baby u will go out 5min do something n let baby know u r not abandoning him. C can or not.

tcmy

Mummies, thanks for ur advices..

Currently im trying to let her play n sleep on her own.. for afternoon is a no problem.. as for night.. afraid that she will have bright eyes coz afternoon she slpt too well ..

quincy1986

no worries. at this stage bb needs sleep to grow.

share with you when my friend's son was still a bb. everynight will cry through the night. mother tried to carry him this way and that but bb still refuse to sleep. then father also tried to carry him this way and that, still refuse to sleep. until almost morning, father was carrying bb in a funny position finally the bb sleeps. this situation lasted for a few months.

now the son is a big and obedient boy. he had no idea he is a difficult bb.

just want to share with u, u r not the 1st 1.

tcmy

Quincy.. thanks for sharing.. now shes asleep in my arms.. few minutes ago she seems wanting milk, while hug her in my arms preparing to feed her.. she fell asleep till now. Dun dare to put her down, scared ltr she cry again.. this always happens at night, only good thing was when shes in my arms, she wont cry when she get shock in her dreams.. mm maybe is mummy's smell ba..

Maybe ur baby is scared of dark u can make a pillow with bean sprouts and put on her chest to make her feel safer

normally, we make the room dark, close all the lights. tell her is sleeping time. make milk for her to drink. sing lulbully three songs. then pat her back she will slowly sleep. daytime dont let her sleep too long. 2 hour should be enough i guess. play with her more... make her use finish her energy then night time ur baby will sleep better.

sometimes they got stomach pain also cant sleep u can try applying some ru yin yu on her stomach and leg too. Hope this info can help u...

lyra

It's fussy evenings n baby grow out of it when they r abt 3-5 months old. It's normal. Google fussy evenings to learn more abt how to deal with it.

fortywinks

tcmy, i went through exactly the same thing! now my baby is 3 mo. we survive through it all in the end.

what i did was to let baby sleep on my chest, his head nesting between the breasts. i sleep with pillows propped up. he only sleeps in this position! at about 2 months old he is better. now sleeps only on tummy.. screams bloody murder when we turns him on his back!

fortywinks

oh.. and also, i sling him in a sarong sling.. cos i was afraid he'll fall off from my arms when i dozed off. now he sleeps on his own

Bearygum

Hi i also a first time mum. Currently taking care of my one month old baby by myself. Hubby only can help in the evening after work. But i tr to do the night feeding after mid night by myself since hubby still need to work during day time.

Last night baby was fussy for 3 hours after feeding at 9pm. She only calm down and sleep after feeding at 12am.
i had made some searching and found that there is a term call "colic". Meaning that a healthy and well feed baby keep crying for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week and last for 3 weeks. This usuall happened to baby from 1 to 3 month old.

You may want to Google for more information on colic baby.

I also feel tired and exhausted and always wish my baby can sleep peacefully at night.

elohz

Mummies!

Im a first time mummy, still many things to learn.. my bb is one month plus le. Been taking care of her myself as my hubby n ILs are working till evening.

But now..

Im seriously going crazy soon.. has stayed up whole night for a few days.. My bb isnt sleeping at night.. i cuddle her to sleep, and when i put her down.. she wakes up n cry again.. i repeatedly doing this action till morning.. more frustrating is my ILs.. been telling them not to carry n rock her that often n play with her at night.. now whenever she was being put down, she start to cry.. everytime i tell my ILs about the DOs n DONTs, they will give me "y must listen" that kind of face. Feeling so discouraged sometimes.. My hubby wont help out much..

How? Please tell me what to do.. T.T i really afraid that its a habit to her already..

I've been with that situation and I ask my doctor about it. She told me that i should stay the baby awake during 5 to 6 in the afternoon. Play with her just to let her awake from that time...so that she'll have a good night sleep at night. Another alternative, try to put some soft music using your mp3 at night so that the baby will not be disturb and continue sleeping all night.

Hi worthy lady,

The first 2 months of is the hardest. Be sure your baby is warm, nappy is dry, and is not colic. When these three things are altered, babies becomes uncomfortable, hence cries. As your baby grows, everything becomes easier.

By the way, in laws tends to make you feel that you are not doing a good job in being a mother. don't ever believe that! don't let anyone make you feel that you are not a good mother. Believe me, you are! :Dancing_tongue:

Last edited: