help! my 6 mth baby having bronchitis w fever

mat95rix

my baby having bronchitis w fever. any mummy experience this? can you share how to taking care of your restless baby & how long it take to recover?

Hi mat95rix,
my gal at 7months caught a flu, got blocked nose and cough and developed bronchiitis. doc prescribed cough medicine, antibiotics and a neubulizer machine for us to use at home and her block nose cleared up on the 4th day. have yr baby seen a doc? Meanwhile give yr baby lots of TLC and hugs.

missblue18

Hi my girl had mild bronchitis at 4mths...she also had fever to 38.8 degrees in the night!! it took her nearly 2-3 weeks to recover and for all the phlegm to be expelled...its hard seeing them suffering coz they're so small but pd did tell me tat the cough will get worse before it gets better...so hang in there! ur baby will be ok...

ahpei

my baby having bronchitis w fever. any mummy experience this? can you share how to taking care of your restless baby & how long it take to recover?

My little boy was admitted to KKH when he was abt 10 weeks old due to bronchiolitis for 7 days. He was admitted again 2 weeks ago for recurrent bronchiolitis...

in between the admissions, he was on neubiliser whenever he has flu and phlegm. He is only 7 months old.

The latest bronchiolitis started when he had high fever (around 38), and i went to see a PD, who gave paracetomol, and Rhinatol. He was advised to be on neubiliser as well. on the 2nd day, the fever went up to 40.1 degree, and i sent him to KKH A&E. we were sent home after the doctor found that he was okay. on the 4th day of his fever, I went to see PD again, cos the fever was supposed to go down after 3rd day, but it stabilised on 38-39 degree. then the PD sent me to KKH A&E for blood test. we were sent home after the tests, as he had only viral infection. on the 6th day of his fever (at 39 degree), i went to KKH, and admitted him.

Apparently, it's only viral infection, and the fever subsided only after 7th day, and he was still coughing when he was discharged on the 8th day. His cough and phelgm went off only after 12th day, and he was on 'puff'.

didn't expect all this to happen to my little boy, who looks like a 1-year old although he is only 6-7 months old. I have to be constantly on my toes, when he starts to sneeze (which now happening again!!!!!), and i feel that he is not well.

it's very tiring.... for those days that i stayed in the hospital with him, cos i couldn't sleep & rest well. I don't mind caring for him, but am very very much concern on his health condition.....

Jan

My son got bonchitis when he was abt 8 weeks old. And pediatrician actually got to suck out the phelgm. He was closely being monitor and we actually have to brought him back to the PD on the eve of the Chinese New Year for nebuliser. He was recovered on the 4th day of CNY in 2008.

Just last week, he got bonchitis again and he recovered only lately with the phelgm still inside his tummy... Jus ensure your house is clean and make sure his pillow, mattress and bolster are regularly put under the sun.

Li Huan

hihi... I have been using simple massage techniques to help my kids since young... both had sensitive nose and get cough and cold easily and they were almost labelled as asthmatic by docs. I stop western medication (cos my son's condition got worse) and turn to tcm during my son's time. As for my girl, I happened to learn about essential oil and massage.

Now, I use massage techniques a lot (esp in times of fever, cold and cough) to maintain good health and sleep... Check out Beacon LOHAS Website - Events to find out more info.

cheers :shyxxx::tlaugh: