help! My 9 months old baby is rejecting milk

My baby was having flu n fever last week. He is recover oredi with a bit coughing though. since last week he has been rejecting milk, i thought he was not feeling well. This week he has been recover and still rejecting milk.before that he can drink total 25 - 30 oz in a day. now just around 10 -15 oz. He eat porridge well btw.

i believe in such young age baby should still drink milk, but he just doesnt wan to drink. How to make him drink more milk?

smallsmallhand

hi misstheblue,

my baby boy just turned 9 months last week and he was also sick with fever, runny nose and cough. his usual milk intake before sickness was 700-800ml a day and it dropped to 200ml a day at the lowest point. his lunch cereal and dinner porridge was taken ok.

since 2 days ago, he recovered with still a slight runny nose but not much phlegm anymore, his milk intake comes back to 720 today.

the phlegm is making him breathless while drinking milk, so he rejects. if you can be patient for another 1-2 days, he should be back to normal. if not, try spoon feeding him.