help!! my baby relies on yaolan badly!!

sunnykitty

Dear all sincerely need advise on how to wean baby off from yaolan. . He relies on it very badly. And when he we r out and he needs to nap he just can't nap .. He would throw tantrum and cry and be very fussy. When I shake him or pat he just refuses. :( please advise and share if you have similar case baby..
Thank you!

Judy0801

same

Hi, my boy also relies on yaolan alot. That time we went to kkh for check up, we wait for hrs and he is so so so tired... den sudden he started to cry very very very loud that all the nurse came to see what happen...

He just dun sleep in all the method i try.. put in stroller.. pat him... sing song to him.. all no use.. den doc quick quick see my baby den we go home... he was around 3 to 4 months that time...

That was when i decided to keep my yaolan away... you know... on the first day i put him on bed to slp, he still cry n cry even though i pat him to slp... den i so angry i throw bloster to him (he never use bloster before) and he hug it and slp straight away... amazing.. haha

And after that, when we go out and he is tired, he just hug his bloster n slp.. no more crying...Till nw, he still hug his bloster to slp...

Did ur baby hug bloster?

sunnykitty

So lucky for u. Bolster and settle already. Haha. Ya my boy have his chou chou. But don't work magic like your case . Haha.. ya.. He will cry till vomit and still don't want to sleep.. sigh .. Bring him out so troublesome .. always have to rush home for him.. :(

Judy0801

pacifier

Got pacifier for ur baby? My in law always give baby bite when we really cannot handle him... and he keep quite too.. but plus with his chou chou (i like the way u say, chou chou.. haha)... haha...

Judy0801

stay home.. haha

I seldom bring him go out when he is baby last time cos he also keep crying n crying... when he is around 1 yr old, i teach him to slp on my shoulder whenever we r outside n he is tired... n it work... haha...

Muz keep pressing his head down n say go to slp if u r tired ok... n walk around while pressing his head, den he will slp liao... that was when i no nd bring his chou chou whenever i go out liao... haha...

But very heavy la.. tired... no choice.. haha

Poppui

Hi,

Have u try to carry him, turn off light and turn on lullaby song at home? But you must hide the Yaolan.

lynnliew

Hi

My youngest one also very rely on yaolan when shes ard 18 mth. As her bro learns to fall asleep on his own ard 18 mths, we feel she can do the same too. So we just keep the yaolan away n told her no more yaolan. (she can understand the word 'no more'). The first nite was a nitemare - she kept pointing at the yaolan direction (aldou empty) screaming & crying for it. We just try to distract her by not mentioning the word yaolan again & also sing some childrensongs with her lying on the bed till she yawn then she falls asleep on her own. Second & 3rd nite ..she zzz shortly after hearing us singing a few songs. Thereafter we jus told her 'time to sleep' then she can sleep on her own very fast after flipping left & rite a few time like playing on her bed. You must be very determined not to gif her yaolan anymore. Once she noes its gone, she haf no choice but to self-settle. & also i think its quite important to have a fixed sleeping time like eg) 9pm everyday. You can give your baby a warm bath & milk as a sleeping routine. Switch on the aircon & sleep beside her lst(make her secure). Sing a song or 2 then pretend to sleep. I think baby will sleep soon. Just do this routine for a few days, it works. One week later just say time to sleep & sleep beside her & keep quiet. They will sleep all the same without the singing. Normally they will fall asleep within 10mins on their own. Then i will just walk away. If they wakeup at midnite just say mama is here, go back to sleep. Soon they will sleep long hours till the next morning. (830pm till 8am). Hope it works for you.