Help Needed! To do Transfer Maid on my own

Berryhills

I am very stress out and could not sleep well. Wondering if someone here can help me.

I am taking over my colleague Indonesia Maid. Tried to contact a few agency on the charges to do the paper work (eg. IPA, Security Bond, Home Leave application) and the cheapest charges quoted is $250 ($250 admin charge exclude Insurance and security board etc). Which is alot to me right now. The agency told me, it required them a few trips to MOM to do the paperwork thats why must charge me as agency charge.

Due to the earlier philipino maid suppose to come back and work for me, didnt come back to Singapore (my relative's maid whom said want to work for me), already cost me $860 (air ticket, agency charge and insurance) Now, I have to extend my confinement nanny to 40 days as i am due within this 2 weeks, cost me $2900. (It's my first baby, I have no experience and due to my mum health is not good, she couldn't help me)

Sorry for the long introduction. I am trying to save as much cost as possible. Thought of doing the documentation on the transfer maid myself. If you did it recently, could you give me a clear step on how to do? Right now, i just knew that I have to get my colleague to renew her maid passport and health check before i can start to do the IPA, Security Bond. What else did i miss? Must I personally go to MOM or everything can do online? I have to make sure my colleague application on the maid is totally cancel too. I will try to check the answer here, but due to i am going to due anytime , will appreciate if you could email me the procedure at
cherish_koh@yahoo.com.sg.

thepinkdot

Hi..

First things first.. DO NOT GET YOUR COLLEAGUE TO CANCEL THE WORK PERMIT.

Just fill up the form for the IPA on MOM website online.. Make sure you've got all the details such as her passport number and stuff. (and your colleague's consent)

Once your IPA is approved, call NTUC hotline to arrange for the insurance and security bond..

Once that's done, you can ISSUE the WP online.. then there will be a notification letter telling you what to do (on a certain date). From the day u issue the WP, the helper is urs.. and your colleague is no longer in charge of the maid. Hence, no need to cancel the maid's workpermit.

LET ME WARN YOU - if your colleague cancels the workpermit, the maid has to go back within 7 days.