Help... pls advice

Jen1106

Hi all, i'm a first time mum and my baby just went for her first 5 in 1 injection earlier. After few hours, she started crying loudly for about 3 hours. Carry her she also cry... put her on the cot she scream louder.... can i know what happen? is it normal after the injection? anyway she was not having fever... and her thigh where the doc inject was now a bit swollen and redish...

Thks in advance

Last edited:

Spiralng

Hi all, i'm a first time mum and my baby just went for her first 5 in 1 injection earlier. After few hours, she started crying loudly for about 3 hours. Carry her she also cry... put her on the cot she scream louder.... can i know what happen? is it normal after the injection? anyway she was not having fever...

Thks in advance
This is not normal cos some baby may cry when the doc inject the needles while some cried after the needle is pulled out. Either way, baby should not be crying after 3 hours. Maybe your baby got frightened?? or is maybe she is hungry.

Since now is the 7th month and if u dun mind trying, can get some willow leaf put it in a water and wipe your baby's face, hands and feet.

apollo

when ds had his 2nd hep b when he was ard 5week old, he also cried v badly that evening... we dont know what happened until my MIL said it might be his thigh which was being injected was painful and when i carried him, i hold him tightly thus he cried even louder..

Lin-12

This is not normal cos some baby may cry when the doc inject the needles while some cried after the needle is pulled out. Either way, baby should not be crying after 3 hours. Maybe your baby got frightened?? or is maybe she is hungry.

Since now is the 7th month and if you dont mind trying, can get some willow leaf put it in a water and wipe your baby's face, hands and feet.
Hi sry side track abit...wea to get willow leaf? Cos i heard that its nt good jus to pluck frm outside, is it true?

Spiralng

Hi sry side track abit...wea to get willow leaf? Cos i heard that its not good just to pluck frm outside, is it true?
it's ok to pluck from outside but without carrying a baby or kids. Pregnant woman or woman with menses is not allowed to plucked or even touched the plant cos the plant is sensitive will slowly dried up if touched.

Ting

think the part where he was injected is sore, thus he is crying.
cos the muscle area is pain.
teach u one method.
for his next jab, after the jab when u reach home, take cotton wool, dab in hot water, let it cool abit (but make sure still warm) then rub n massage gently on the area being injected, rub for a few mins (dab in warm water again if the water on the cotton becomes cool).
rmb to do it after his jab.best is within the half hr or less.
i always do this for pin, but there was once i forgot to. n she cried badly cos when we carry her, always kena tt part.
so learnt my lesson n nvr forget alr.

apollo

think the part where he was injected is sore, thus he is crying.
cos the muscle area is pain.
teach you one method.
for his next jab, after the jab when you reach home, take cotton wool, dab in hot water, let it cool abit (but make sure still warm) then rub and massage gently on the area being injected, rub for a few mins (dab in warm water again if the water on the cotton becomes cool).
rmb to do it after his jab.best is within the half hr or less.
i always do this for pin, but there was once i forgot to. and she cried badly cos when we carry her, always kena that part.
so learnt my lesson and never forget already.
will 'orh cheng' aft rubbing?? cos my friend who is a nurse told me not to rub when i intend to do so that time, she said not good for the blood vessel...

Ting

rub to prevent the blue black.
is to ease the soreness.
uh not like rub very hard, just lightly massage with a cotton wool dip in warm water.
i always do for pin n she doesnt cry n feel pain when i "purposely" poke the injected area to 'test'. lol.