HELP! SHould I buy a baby monitor??

igal_76

Presently, I am staying at home to care for my 1-year-old son and have a maid. I'll be going back to work next year. I have been thinking if a baby monitor is necessary especially when I go back to work.

We sometimes cant hear my son crying in the room. Like this morning, my maid was in the toilet doing washing and she could not hear my son. I envisage this might be a problem next time when I go back to work.

Pls share your experiences and recommend me any good brands and models. Thanks!!

chrisgal

yes, i personally feel baby monitor is very useful, sometime my son dun cry wen waking up hence i feel so relieve and more safe wen i have the baby monitor around

liz2010

Haha, okay thanks! I am wondering if i should buy one with the tv monitor or just the sound monitor. :)
I used Phillips brand and was very happy with it. Sold it to an other mom who wasn't happy with her monitor because she could hear noises from other rooms as well. She said the Phillips monitor is very good and doesn't have this problem.

igal_76

I used Phillips brand and was very happy with it. Sold it to an other mom who wasn't happy with her monitor because she could hear noises from other rooms as well. She said the Phillips monitor is very good and doesn't have this problem.
Hi Liz2010, which model do you use? I'm so confused as there seems to be many models for Phillips :(

chrisgal

Haha, okay thanks! I am wondering if i should buy one with the tv monitor or just the sound monitor. :)
hey i've check... mine brand is "luvion" i'm very happy with the monitor... and of coz... with monitor that u can actually see ur bb is much more safer den having sound alone, coz as i say, sometime bb wake up doesnt make sound... and i can jus carry the monitor everywhere i go even when i'm bathing, i not longer have to be afraid that bb will wake up half way wen i'm bathing... haha... coz i can see wat bb is doing EVERYWHERE:wong19:

apollo

Hi apollo, thanks for the info. Ive seen one before and am quite impressed. But it costs quite a bit, so weighing the benefits, $$$$$ sigh
yes this is quite ex.. but if u intend to have #2 or even #3, can invest on a good one. =)

liz2010

Hi Liz2010, which model do you use? I'm so confused as there seems to be many models for Phillips :(
Hi I bought the analog model. I don't have the model number anymore as I sold it already. I bought it at Kiddy Palace 3 years ago but I think they still sell it.

igal_76

Thanks everyone for all the help, feel so grateful :) Me will go and look see, and see if I have the heart to splurge on the one with tv screen.....

my beauty loft

Philip Avent Baby Monitors – Batch #1

Philips Avent DECT Basic Baby Monitor, Model #SCD510
BP S$ 210
Retail S$ 299

Philips Avent DECT Eco Baby Monitor, Model #SCD535
BP S$ 320
Retail S$ 399

Philips Avent Digital Video Monitor, Model #SCD600
BP S$ 370
Retail S$ 469

All Pricing include International shipping charges, self collect. Top up additional SGD $10 for Local Courier charges.

Email me at mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg