Herbs to avoid during pregnancy.

Hi ladies...

just wondering what are the chinese herbs to avoid during pregnancy?

Dang gui? Gan Cao? Are these allowed to be consumed during our first trimester?

Asking on behalf of my colleague because today the cook made braised chicken wings and the sauce has got these two herbs in it.. she ate quite a bit with the sauce and the porridge.

for me i avoid all herbal except pao sheng
i tot they said all types of ginseng also not allowed? anyway.. i told her since it's in our food for the taste only should be fine lah.. not as though the cook put in a lot of the herbs lor.. =P hopefully that will ease her anxiety a bit!

chiro

ya..best is to avoid all..

heard that dong cong cao cannot be consumed cos it will cause the blood to be thinner and result in miscarriages

anyway.. i told her since it's used to spice up the food should be okie.. not as though it's being cooked in large quantity that kind lor.. =) don't want to make her feel too anxious!

P4nic

ya..best is to avoid all..

heard that dong cong cao cannot be consumed cos it will cause the blood to be thinner and result in miscarriages
HUH i got consumed dong cong cao leh.. confirm cannot take ah?! i tot i saw that it is good in another topic?

PTB7476

HUH i got consumed dong cong cao .. confirm cannot take ?! i thought i saw that it is good in another topic?
diff physician say diff things so it is up to you which one you prefer to believe :p

for me i avoid all herb during 1st trimster...and only start Pao sheng in the 2nd trimester and it is cooked together with either bird nest or black chicken :)

P4nic

diff physician say diff things so it is up to you which one you prefer to believe :p

for me i avoid all herb during 1st trimster...and only start Pao sheng in the 2nd trimester and it is cooked together with either bird nest or black chicken :)
I took bird nest dong cong cao n pao Sheng leh the rest no take lo..
Dunno dong cong cao cannot leh one small match box size a few hundreds Liao