Hi I'm a toa payoh Nanny

Wonderwhy

Hi, I been working this line for 4yrs plus n brought up my 2 girls all by myself. N they are 9 n 12yrs old this year. I faces lots of different parent as ( I do take up part time services for few months period & full time service too) to be honest here as working in this line - taking care of other children is really not an easy job. Firstly I hv to agreed that this 4yrs plus, recently I took up the baby boy for just few months (when my girl is in p4) as on the 3rd mth, bb kept crying and affected my girl's studies.sorry to said to those parent I requested to stop taking care. But I still too given my 1mth notice as I understand due to parent working life n need time to get new nanny for their baby. But always end up I get em a new nanny than I stopped baby my service so I believed I do my part to the parent too.

Recently faces calculative parent that even I'm on MC(sick) money still have to deduct. Having emergency case tk 1-2 days off, also need to be deduct.

Dear all, I hv work with parent who really kind soul. Not all parent are bad. I'm not a calculative nanny n i don't like to face calculative parent too. I nv charge when most of the time fetch bb late home,smtime parent got problem,I do tk care up to 9 to 10pm or even stay 1days overnight. I Dun charge at all. So I just hope parent here who looking for nanny. Do understand nanny's feeling. I provide the best for Ur baby n not being calculative over time,etc.... I just hope parent works happily to us and treated us as human though we are working/earning. We will fall sick too, we may hv emergency cases too.... so don't deduct this n that. Stand at our shoe,what if your boss treated you all so?

I do even let parent put plane before as (telling me take care for how long).then last min told me their in law wanted to tk over their baby....so it also hurt us as a nanny too for last min answer.

Why can't tk a seat to mk clear everything before start? N why Already mk clear le before start still need to deduct nanny's pay and etc....

Isn't it to treat each other grateful (parent can works in their peace in their job n nanny tk care of your child well when parent are in working)

Last edited: