high fever after baby suckle the breast

baby pann nu

I have pumped and bottle feed my 3 months old and help with formula if not enough. Sometimes direct latch on also. The problem is I feel chill and shivering suddenly and having high fever of 39-40C. The fever can stay for one to two days. That already happened 4 times during this 3 months. a lot of blood test done and Doc can't find any problem. told me just a bateria infection and took antibiotic. I suspect it's due to my breast. But I don't have any blocked duct or harden in the breast. only engorgement and after pumping breast become soft. no block duct or mastitis also can have fever?? But one thing I can recall is after I did direct latch on for whole day and next day I got fever. I am not sure it is related to baby suckling?? can anyone advice me? I am really very tired and weak after sick and sick again. :embarrassed:

why not you try pump out and feed for 1 or 2 days and see if it is really the direct latching that is causing the fever. I hav not heard of direct latching causing fever before tho.

try to drink more water cos we are losing water when we bf.