Highchair Opinion needed

shuffle

Hi Mummies,

I'm shopping around for a high chair for my 4 mth old baby boy so that he can join the family for dinner. He loves sitting close to us in his bouncer but he looks so lonely looking up to us from the floor.

After looking around, IKEA Antilop High Chair seem to be a good choice in term of cost and functionality. Simple, easily cleaned and light weight. However, hubby rejected right away as he doesn't believe if IKEA quality and the chair looks plasticky n uncomfortable for baby. He also thinks the chair will topple over if baby moves alot.

Any mummies out there with experience with this high chair?

I'm also considering graco tea time high chair. any comments on this chair?

Thanks much

izanyzam

Hi mummy...I used to feed my boy while he's in his walker..But nowadays,its becoming quite tiring as i have to chase after him.If i were to "loop" my foot in his walker,he will scream as he wont be able to move..And whenever me and hubby are eating at our dining table,he will look up at us or pull on our legs trying to see what we are eating..

So far we've been to several restaurants and he seems comfortable in the high chairs.Its quite a bonding experience if you can have your baby sit with you at the table..Plus its much easier to feed him..Another alternative would be to place him in his Bumbo seat with the tray attached and onto the dining chair but its quite risky coz the bumbo seat might topple off from the dining chair..

Yesterday after looking through so many options,we've decided to get this..

Taime other distribution products - C64837-260 Polly High Chair Double Phase 2 in 1 (with 2 wheels, 2 feet, double tray, double phase, parents tray, basket)

Bought it from Kiddy Palace..Was quite a splurge but me and hubby figured we could keep it for our next baby(ies)...!!! Hehehehe..!!! :001_302:

Mummy to Baby V

We have three chairs and have reviewed them at:
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat |
Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray |
Chicco Polly 2 in 1 Highchair |

On hindsight, i could have skipped buying the Chicco highchair and waited a few months for my boy to sit well and use the booster chair only. I encourage self-feeding and the Chicco highchair is a hassle to clean; pieces of food gets trapped everywhere on the cushion and the strap gets stained. It also takes up more space.

The Fisher-Price booster seat is our favourite and very easy to clean.

Last edited:

apple.koh

My son favourite is still the value for money IKEA Antilop High Chair.

It wont topple so easily as the four legs are spread far apart making the base very stable.

Perhaps you would like to bring ur baby to try on the sample chair available in ikea.

FYI, the chair+tray is $30.

jojoki

i like ikea antilop too but my bb is very very chubby so i figured it wont last her long if i gt that then. so i got a fisherprice one (a old edition, bought 2nd hand) The chair is huge and has got a big removable tray. I am quite happy with it as i put her there to do her art n crafts.

Look for one that can clean easily.

nancy

Hi Shuffle,

I am also looking for a high chair and was keen to get the Graco teatime high chair but it is out of stock at the moment. Even the distributor also does not have it. The high chairs will probably come in next month.

I have bumbo seat which my girl dislikes sitting in it after she became mobile. I also have booster seat from Safety First but the tray is difficult to remove and hence I need someone to help me "slot" my girl into the seat if the tray is attached to it. Very troublesome. We will actually thinking of Rubbermaid high chairs which we can find them in restaurants. I called up the distributor and they quoted me $158! A bit pricey and no doubt it is very sturdy, it cannot be folded and it does not come with a tray (have to pay $51 more). As for Graco high chair, it has cushion and can be folded and kept away. Plus it is $120+ so still affordable. :>

cmeilim

we have a bumbo seat but he outgrew that quite quickly. now we have a secondhand, very spacious combi seat for use at my mum's place, and a second-hand ikea antilop at our home. both thumbs up for the ikea antilop for value for money. get a seat with tray as it's very useful.

Mummy to Baby V

we have a bumbo seat but he outgrew that quite quickly. now we have a secondhand, very spacious combi seat for use at my mum's place, and a second-hand ikea antilop at our home. both thumbs up for the ikea antilop for value for money. get a seat with tray as it's very useful.
Haha.... chubby babies do seem to fill up the Bumbo seat quite young. We had the same issue and the seat became a white elephant for some months. Then when my boy grew older to about 14 months old, he grew taller and less chubby, and the Bumbo Seat becomes very useful for our daily homeschooling lessons. :)

shuffle

Thanks for sharing your experiences mummys. I bought the fisher-price booster seat and IKEA antilop highchair with tray n cushion. Both are plastic thus very easy to clean. If baby likes sitting on the high chair, I'll consider getting a better one. Too much money wasted on white elephants!