Hihi!! New here, EDD May 2010 Single/DB ward Mount A?

Aprelcot

Hihi, I'm new in here and have decided to deliver in Mount A since the I've chemistry with the environment and find the service better than average. Anyone is considering single or double wards too?? Need advice from mothers who delivered in Mount A for estimated quote too, I've been to the Maternity tour and got all basic info, but still more infos r helpful :tbounce:

PinkDiamonds

I didn't deliver at Mt A, but was in the 2-bedder ward at TMC.

Most of the time, when one mummy "check-in", another mummy will be gone by the next day. So personally I do think a 2-bedder is enough, unless you have a neighbor who snores and disturbs your sleep. :p Also, having another mummy next to you can be good company. :)

1-bedder will give you more privacy, especially when you are expecting a lot of visitors. But I will rather not have visitors because all I wanted to do after I deliver was to sleep and rest. Anyway at that time when I delivered it was the H1N1 "season" so only 1 person was allowed to visit at any one time. End up only my hubby was with me throughout.

If you are going for normal delivery, you'll be out within 2 days, and 3 days for a C-section.

If your hubby is going to sleep-in with you at the hospital, then I believe they will only allow such arrangements for 1-bedder. :)

ling.er

Hihi, I'm new in here and have decided to deliver in Mount A since the I've chemistry with the environment and find the service better than average. Anyone is considering single or double wards too?? Need advice from mothers who delivered in Mount A for estimated quote too, I've been to the Maternity tour and got all basic info, but still more infos r helpful :tbounce:

Hi & welcome... ^^ I also goin to deliv in M.A but my edd was June. Im also thinkin about the wards .. !st i though of goin 4 ppl wan but i hope my hubby to acc mi so mayb consider single,I guess the price will be higher as well..

mrsmorgan

if u look at mt a's package prices, u'll notice that their 4-bedded n 2-bedded difference of $100+ only.. im also gonna deliver at mt a n ive booked 2-bedded.. hope wont be fully booked when my time comes!

Aprelcot

Hihi, anyone knows if there's wireless in the 2-bedder wards?? I do agree with Pink Diamond, but my hubby thinks that I wud need rest most and it doesnt differ with a single or DB bedded ward. "privacy"s the main reason for me though, although we havent come to a final decision. My gynae's TMC too :tlaugh: fr TLC. So Im booking her for my delivery. I considered TMC a lil more expensive than MAH but apart fr the extras, I rather like the Senior Lactation consultation-Ma Kang Phaik Gaik, hence I chose MAH. Breastfeeding worries me a lil, ought to stay positive!!:wong29:
For TMC, they have a practice of Upgrading patients when there's available ward, 1 of my friend was upgraded to a 2-bedder ward and paid for a 4-bedder still. Yea, how nice you got your hubby to stay over wif you, I want that too :001_302: He thinks that I b sleepin like a log though (still stickin to the "2-bedder rules" idea:embarrassed:. Its an additional of 75 to stay over, only for single n suites.

Have you been to the maternity tour Ling er?? I've sum info from the tour that I can email you if you havent.

Aprelcot

if you look at mt a's package prices, you'll notice that their 4-bedded n 2-bedded difference of $100+ only.. im also gonna deliver at mt a n ive booked 2-bedded.. hope wont be fully booked when my time comes!
OOoooooooooooooooo SO soon for you mrsmorgan!!! (Heart pounding) IS yours going to be a Virginal delivery?? With or w/o epidural???:001_302:

mrsmorgan

OOoooooooooooooooo SO soon for you mrsmorgan!!! (Heart pounding) IS yours going to be a Virginal delivery?? With or w/o epidural???:001_302:
yup very very soon.. though i feel like ive been waiting for quite a while alr.. hehe

yup goin for natural, hope to avoid epi but i guess will see how it goes on D-Day! if really cant bear e pain, might just succumb to epi! :shyxxx:

Aprelcot

yup very very soon.. though i feel like ive been waiting for quite a while already.. hehe

yup goin for natural, hope to avoid epi but i guess will see how it goes on D-Day! if really cant bear e pain, might just succumb to epi! :shyxxx:
Heyyyyyyyy :D So close to your Delivery date!!! Breath well!! :Dancing_tongue:Hiya Hiya!! Do you do yoga, pilates or breathing exercises btw??

ling.er

Hihi, anyone knows if there's wireless in the 2-bedder wards?? I do agree with Pink Diamond, but my hubby thinks that I wud need rest most and it doesnt differ with a single or DB bedded ward. "privacy"s the main reason for me though, although we havent come to a final decision. My gynae's Thomson Medical Center too :tlaugh: fr TLC. So Im booking her for my delivery. I considered Thomson Medical Center a lil more expensive than MAH but apart fr the extras, I rather like the Senior Lactation consultation- Kang Phaik Gaik, hence I chose MAH. Breastfeeding worries me a lil, ought to stay positive!!:wong29:
For Thomson Medical Center, they have a practice of Upgrading patients when there's available ward, 1 of my friend was upgraded to a 2-bedder ward and paid for a 4-bedder still. Yea, how nice you got your hubby to stay over with you, I want that too :001_302: He thinks that I b sleepin like a log though (still stickin to the "2-bedder rules" idea:embarrassed:. Its an additional of 75 to stay over, only for single n suites.

Have you been to the maternity tour Ling er?? I've sum info from the tour that I can email you if you havent.
I haven went to the maternity tour ... Info ? Ya pls email mi ^^ Thks so much

baobe1984@hotmail.com

galaxy84

Hi All

I just help my friend's baby to source for the baby shower gift last week.
So I will like to recommend baby shower gifts to all mummies out there who wish to hold a baby shower celebration for your beloved newborn..

They really provide a gd service by provide a free delivery to your doorstep and order at any qty..

Here is the website to the Gift.Central
Check out for our NEW ARRIVAL - Home

Coolio

Alpha Male
Hi there

Strongly reccommend Mount A...not that im biased cause myself and my 2 boys were delivered there..

Wifey took single bedded... superb service.. no regrets.. everything went smooth and room was like a hotel suite. i even had the luxury of sleeping in a very comfy sofa/bed.. nice view also.. nurses respond within 5min...

Of course u pay fer quality service but then again.. wats medisave there for..

wendyyps

hi all,
i also book the ward at Mount A. is double bed. my edd is july, hopefully that time not peak season. heard there service is good but the carpark is lesser, hardly to get carpark. need suggest to m.A build a multi storey carpark, hahaha

Queenbabe

hi all,
i also book the ward at Mount A. is double bed. my edd is july, hopefully that time not peak season. heard there service is good but the carpark is lesser, hardly to get carpark. need suggest to m.A build a multi storey carpark, hahaha
I thought is TMC have lesser lots?:tlaugh: Im going to MAH too... might be two bedded too:001_302:

JPng

I thought is Thomson Medical Center have lesser lots?:tlaugh: Im going to MAH too... might be two bedded too:001_302:

Hi !,

i'm considering Mt A too.. recently there are new single rooms added.. so may give it a try. :001_302:

mrsmorgan

hi just to share..
i gave birth on 14/04/2010 at mt a, 2-bedded.. 1st night got another mummy beside me, 2nd day n night i was alone.. assisted del with epi.. paid 700 deposit n upon discharge, had to top up another 800+.. so total cash fork out ard 1500+

mt a got multi-storey carpark.. i think u got confused with tmc.. =)

if there's anythin else anyone needs to knw, feel free to ask.. =)

xlan

actually no need to worry abt the parking space.. both tmc n mt a hv valet service.. mt a's valet service is slightly cheaper.. while at tmc.. depend the valet parked ur car at their hospital carpark (bloody expensive hourly rate, but up to u to give any amount to the valet service) or parked ur car at public carpark outside tmc (they charge $5 or $6 for the valet n u don hv to worry abt the parking coupons thou)..

anyway.. both places r pretty hassle free when comes to parking space.. jus $ issues.. ;)

Queenbabe

Hi !,

i'm considering Mt A too.. recently there are new single rooms added.. so may give it a try. :001_302:
:tlaugh::tlaugh:Good, when is your edd?

hi just to share..
i gave birth on 14/04/2010 at mt a, 2-bedded.. 1st night got another mummy beside me, 2nd day n night i was alone.. assisted del with epi.. paid 700 deposit n upon discharge, had to top up another 800+.. so total cash fork out around 1500+

mt a got multi-storey carpark.. i think you got confused with Thomson Medical Center.. =)

if there's anythin else anyone needs to knw, feel free to ask.. =)
My hubby prefer Mt A although we feel abit of ulu :001_302: total cash must pay so much? Im thinking gng for 2 bedded also w/o Epi :)

JPng

Hi Queenbabe,
:001_302:haha... ya. . and i'm not sure if i will be early a not. cos its always +/- 2 weeks rite?

Last edited: