Honesty maid agency provide Pregnant Maid!

klearad

Honesty Maid Agency Provided PREGNANT MAID!!

Agency owner said will contact employer the next day, but staff can't contact her.

Honesty maid agency located at toa payoh hub provides a maid who is already PREGNANT!

Return maid on 28 Dec, agency did not reply by 29 Dec, and did not send maid for medical check-up to check how many weeks pregnant and want to send her back.

Staff cannot provide maid's medical report (when asked when did maid did her last check up before joining the current employer)

Staff promised on 28 Dec that they will call by 29 Dec but noone call.

When employer called up, staff said can only liaise with owner Joanne as they cant make the decision. And Joanne cant be contacted whole day and noone can inform current employer on next step or provide medical check up

Maid has been deliberately telling lies to employer, that caused employer to believe that ah ma is overly suspicious. She will tell ah ma one thing, and cried to employer that ah ma scold her while telling employer another story. Most scary part is that she hid a handphone from employer, secretly messaging to her boyfriend on what to do with her pregnancy... Her boyfriend came to meet her secretly during daytime, outside employer's house. Maid will purposely tell ah ma that the guy is outside, then when employer asked her, she will said she did not say that.

Scary... And maid agency did not even contact employer. They can even said maid take pregnancy test, most likely pregnant. And will not send maid for medical check up, will send her back

bluetooth

I am sorry to hear that. For transfer maid, the maid agency needs to ensure the maid passed the medical test before we take the maid home.

klearad

MOM reverted - medical reports that are not more than 5 mths for transfer maid, agency not required to send maid for test.
Understand the need to protect maid's rights, but is there any to protect the Employer?

Still have to pay maid's 22 days of service. If I know that she is pregnant, I would not have engaged her services in the first place.
We are fair employer who allowed maid to keep her 2 hps to use at night till we found a 3rd Hp unknown to us.

bluetooth

My 2nd helper was a transfer maid, my agent sent her for medical test before I brought her home. So I thought all agent would do the same.

We all are fair employer. I allowed my previous maid asked if she can use handphone. Since she was good we gave her a phone and sim card. But this was a mistake. Every time she would check her handphone. Caught her carrying my baby using handphone, doing house chores also use handphone. I had to tell her off and stopped.