Horrible headaches! Help!!

fr0ufr0um0mmy

Do anyone of you have constant recurring headaches that last day and night? How do you deal with them?

I have been getting really bad ones that can last up to 2 days, and so bad that it wakes me up from my sleep even. I will have the headaches, go to sleep and wake up feeling the same :(

I started getting them shortly after 12 weeks, which coincides with when i started taking my fish oil, calcium and vitamin C pills. Not sure whether they are the culprits. But the last time I spoke to my gynae bout this, he told me to take 2 panadols x 3 times a day when i have a headache! :err: I thought that was a bit overkill right? Don't fancy taking so many pills :(

ali50n

Do anyone of you have constant recurring headaches that last day and night? How do you deal with them?

I have been getting really bad ones that can last up to 2 days, and so bad that it wakes me up from my sleep even. I will have the headaches, go to sleep and wake up feeling the same :(

I started getting them shortly after 12 weeks, which coincides with when i started taking my fish oil, calcium and vitamin C pills. Not sure whether they are the culprits. But the last time I spoke to my gynae bout this, he told me to take 2 panadols x 3 times a day when i have a headache! :err: I thought that was a bit overkill right? dont't fancy taking so many pills :(
Hi, I also have headaches when I first have it. I took panadol but i tried to take it only when i cannot bear with it anymore. Other than that I take urgent leave as the headache also leave me sleepless cannot go to work so sleepy...

Mum2bee

hihi, i oso hv headache quite badly for almost 1 mth....is like daily..
gynae prescribe mi "Biogesic paracetamol 500mg" tablet...same like u 2 tablets 3 times a day

although tis is safe for preggies but i just took 1 each time when i reali cant tahan.....

DELvy

I too experienced bad headache during my 1st trimester. It lasted for about 1 month. Initially, I thought it was due to the caffeine withdrawal symptom, but realised it's not. Maybe you can try to keep yourself cool, as in try to avoid direct sunlight. Alternatively, soak your feet in a tub of warm water. It helped for my situation. Otherwise, I'd suggest bearing with it cos it'll not bug you through your pregnancy. Though gynae says panadol is ok, I am also quite paranoid, since it's still drug afterall.

sugarcookie

I had terrible migraines when I was pregnant.

The pain was intense and would last for days. I kept popping Panadol; took up to 8 a day.

Sometimes, Panadol helped. Sometimes it didn't.

Unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do except to try to relax and take approved pain-relief meds...

pigletgal81

I'm in my early stage and i keep getting headaches already. last for few days. but I take panodol only when I really cannot take it... Any one got it in the early stage? around 6 weeks?

wow i always thought i have headache is because i have history of migrains...and i also thought is due to my reduction of tea intake...as im a heavy tea drinker. after reading so many of u have the same problem when pregnant...then i realise...is common. but after the 3rd month of my pregnancy...my headache is gone. I took panadol too...as the pain cannot be tolerated...cannot sleep...feel like knocking my head on the wall...then severve headache..lead to vomiting. Went to see chinese physician...to see if massage can help to ease the headache...then the doc advise cannot...as our shoulder alot veins...and vigrous massage on the shoulder will lead to miscarriage for the initial part of pregancy..don't know if its true...but i just take precaution lor.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

thanks for sharing your experiences...

I'm still battling the monstrous headaches, it comes and goes. Crossing my fingers it will go off just like MS :Dancing_wub:

thanks for sharing your experiences...

I'm still battling the monstrous headaches, it comes and goes. Crossing my fingers it will go off just like MS :Dancing_wub:
Oh yes...i suddennly remember...my colleague give me some honey ginger drink... then after drinking..i feel better...don't know if it helps u...u can try some ginger drink too.