Hospital Bag

Cheyenne

Hi, Can any mummies share what you pack for your hospital.

I try not to be kiasu for the 2 night stay, but, seem to pack a lot for me than baby. And I really can't remember what is in the baby bag provided by TMC. Also didn't when to the TMC tour this time. Can anyone share ?

For Me :
- 2 set of front open PJ
- some disposable undies and maternity pad
- a set of clothes (for return home)
- a wrap, in case cold

For baby :
- a set of clothes (elder DD's, as old wife tale that baby will be kuai if wear old).
- a swaddling cloth

What else ? :Dancing_tongue:

Hi Cheyenne,
There's a similar thread here, you mite like to check it out :Dancing_wub:

I delivered in 2007 and remember TMC provided a baby top and swaddling cloth.
They'll also pack balance of other baby stuff used during the hospital stay
and charged to the hospital bill like diapers, nappy rash cream, baby wet wipes, FM, etc.
Was also given the maternity pads and a set of toiletries which contained shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste and comb.

wet tissue, tooth paste/toothbrush. one small towel in case u feel like "dry cleaning"

thats what i can think of...i brought alot of rubbish then end up din use also

hahaha

esby

hi! i juz delivered at TMC for the 1st time for my 3rd baby last 9th mar 2009 for 3D2N! What i can share with you... bring your own dress during your stay at the hospital. Toiletries like shampoo, shower gel, comb, toothbrush & paste, face towel, bath towel, maternity pads (loops) are all included. For yourself, bring your own comfortable clothings during your stay that have buttons in front for breast feeding purposes or your preffered maternity pads and slippers.. ... As for baby, not too worry... all are provided, .. diaper bag will be given upon check out. Shower and wash your hair of cos when you are checking out ... give a presentable look before your gynae come to check on you. GREAT EXPERIENCE delivering my baby at TMC! All the best to you.

esby

sorry... the baby will be given new top and new swaddling blanket... so there is no need for you to bring blanket.. if you 1 2 dress up you baby, by all means...

jojoki

for me i never did use much of all the stuffs i brought. I only used the below:

Toothbrush n toothpaste
Shower gel n facial wash
Comb n (make up if u wan but i din)
Camera n Laptop (with chargers)
Bible (personal)
Clothes for discharge ( but can get family to get fr u no need to bring along)
For baby
Set of clothes for discharge
Swaddling cloth (no need booties n mittens if gonna be swaddled

Upon discharge Raffles passed on bal of diapers, tissues, wet napkins.

No need to bring a lot honestly.. n i din bring nursing bra,own nursing top etc bcos i find wearing their hospital gown easier to breastfeed.

Pack light.. hehe u'll be too engrossed wth ur newborn for anything else!

jojoki

i also din bring maternity pads no point bcos after delivery they will open one pack to use on you n that pack is charged to u anyway. And after u go back to ur ward.. the nurse will clean n change fr u using pads from same pack.. i ended up bringng one whole pack there n back.

Cheyenne

Thanks All,
Ok, I at least know what to pack and not. not bringing too much rubbish in my hospital bag,since mostly provided. Later got to bring them back, on top on babies and the floral fruit basket that friends sent.