Hospital Bills - Elective Caesarean

varadidie

I have searched the forum, but could not find any information on the cash portion payable for elective caesarean birth (with epidural / spinal).

Can anyone please share? I am looking for any information available based on the following questions:

1. Cash portion payable after medisave (includes hospital bills for the lil one)
2. How many beds are you staying?
3. Did you claim the S$450 medisave refund for pre-natal consultation through hospital?

I have checked with my gynae and he mentioned the cash portion will not be more than 2k. I just want to know if anyone had paid lesser or more, so I could prepare for the upcoming delivery...

Thanks in advance to those who are willing to share.

apollo

I have searched the forum, but could not find any information on the cash portion payable for elective caesarean birth (with epidural / spinal).

Can anyone please share? I am looking for any information available based on the following questions:

1. Cash portion payable after medisave (includes hospital bills for the lil one)
3. Did you claim the S$450 medisave refund for pre-natal consultation through hospital?

I have checked with my gynae and he mentioned the cash portion will not be more than 2k. I just want to know if anyone had paid lesser or more, so I could prepare for the upcoming delivery...

which hospital will u deliver at?

i deliver at TMC via GA C-sect at june 2009. total bill nearly 6.4K, we paid total of ard 2.4k CASH, the rest CPF.. and i opted for 4bedded and got freee upgraded to 2 bedded.

pepperphibs

Hi,

I delivered at Mount A ,Oct 2009,normal delivery followed by emergency c-sect,epidural, single bedded, 4 days, total bill including baby $7k plus, cash portion i remember abt 3k. The rest medisave.

Pre-natal medisave refund claimed.

varadidie

which hospital will you deliver at?

i deliver at Thomson Medical Center via GA C-sect at june 2009. total bill nearly 6.4K, we paid total of around 2.4k CASH, the rest CPF.. and i opted for 4bedded and got freee upgraded to 2 bedded.

Wow.. thats quite high yeah.. Wondering how come my gynae mentioned it wont be more than 2k. I am choosing TMC since my gynae practise there...

Did you stay there for 3d2n?

Thanks for the information...

varadidie

Hi,

I delivered at Mount A ,Oct 2009,normal delivery followed by emergency c-sect,epidural, single bedded, 4 days, total bill including baby $7k plus, cash portion i remember about 3k. The rest medisave.

Pre-natal medisave refund claimed.
Thanks Pepperhibs.. :) Thats quite cheap considering that it is for 4 days..

apollo

Wow.. thats quite high yeah.. Wondering how come my gynae mentioned it wont be more than 2k. I am choosing Thomson Medical Center since my gynae practise there...

Did you stay there for 3d2n?

Thanks for the information...
i stayed for 3 nights. usally for c-sect is abt 3 nights unless u really can walk very well on the 2nd day. diffe gynae charges diferently, so u not only hav to noe hw the hospital charge u for the room rate and also hw ur gynae charges u =)

autumn82

I did my elective c-sect w epidural in Jul 08'. Paid $3K+ in cash, $3K+ for medisave. Stayed for 4 days 3 nites in deluxe room in TMC. Yes, I did the claim the $450. :)

My 1st c-sect w epidural was emergency in Nov 04. Paid 3K+ in cash & 3K+ for medisave. Stayed 4 days 3 nites in 2 bedded in TMC. Yes, $450 was claimed too. :001_302:

pepperphibs

Thanks Pepperhibs.. :) Thats quite cheap considering that it is for 4 days..
I did not do a comparison of hospital cos i oredi decided on Mt A before i chose my gynae. I went to the gynae, first question was,'Do u deliver at Mt A?' hahaha!

I did not realise that my bill was quite cheap until i saw the postings here.

Is it that Mt A is cheaper then Thomson medical? Either that or my gynae charges are cheap?He only charged me for c-sect even though i was in labour ward for like 9hrs, then he came to see me and advised me to do c-sect.

At first i was alos very worried cos i scared the hospital bill coime up to a lot, esp with emergency c-sect cos before delivery a lot of perople say will get charged for both but for my case, no lei.

Lucky me?

Actually 3rd day oredi gynae say can discharge but cos dear daughter got jaundice and still need treatment, we stayed another day cos want her to go home together with us.

Dear hubby like enjoying hotel stay lor cos the food and room very nice!

i'm going to deliver in early august... can mummy me explain to me wats the 450 claim through cpf? is this for the consultation fee for the pregnancy routine check up?
i nvr know that we can claim the check up consultation fee through medisave..

varadidie

Yeah.. youre very lucky indeed!!!!.. I heard my doctor said if i try for normal, and end up baby cant come out (my first was caesarean).. chances are my bills in cash will be abt 4k..

My gyane delivers in Thomson, not sure if that will cost my bill to reduce a bit.. Really hope so..

I did not do a comparison of hospital cos i oredi decided on Mt A before i chose my gynae. I went to the gynae, first question was,'Do you deliver at Mt A?' hahaha!

I did not realise that my bill was quite cheap until i saw the postings here.

Is it that Mt A is cheaper then Thomson medical? Either that or my gynae charges are cheap?He only charged me for c-sect even though i was in labour ward for like 9hrs, then he came to see me and advised me to do c-sect.

At first i was alos very worried cos i scared the hospital bill coime up to a lot, esp with emergency c-sect cos before delivery a lot of perople say will get charged for both but for my case, no lei.

Lucky me?

Actually 3rd day oredi gynae say can discharge but cos dear daughter got jaundice and still need treatment, we stayed another day cos want her to go home together with us.

Dear hubby like enjoying hotel stay cos the food and room very nice!

varadidie

i'm going to deliver in early august... can mummy me explain to me wats the 450 claim through cpf? is this for the consultation fee for the pregnancy routine check up?
i never know that we can claim the check up consultation fee through medisave..
Hi misstheblue.. Yes, the antenatal package can be claimed from medisave (S$450..).. what im not sure is whether it is offsetted against the final hospital bills, or the clinic will actually reimburse us. But from all the response, it seems that the reimbursement will take effect upon checking out from hospital.

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

Hi misstheblue.. Yes, the antenatal package can be claimed from medisave (S$450..).. what im not sure is whether it is offsetted against the final hospital bills, or the clinic will actually reimburse us. But from all the response, it seems that the reimbursement will take effect upon checking out from hospital.
the $450 will be off-set from the total hospital bill.

pepperphibs

Yeah.. youre very lucky indeed!!!!.. I heard my doctor said if i try for normal, and end up baby cant come out (my first was caesarean).. chances are my bills in cash will be about 4k..

My gyane delivers in Thomson, not sure if that will cost my bill to reduce a bit.. Really hope so..
If your first was via caesarean, why don't u do that again? I kind of assumed my 2nd one will be caesarean also.
As for your bills, i will cross my fingers for you!:Dancing_wub:

pepperphibs

Hi,
For me, the staff at the gynae gave me a note beforehand to pass to the hospital staff upon admission and the amount was offset from my hospital bill.

varadidie

If your first was via caesarean, why dont't you do that again? I kind of assumed my 2nd one will be caesarean also.
As for your bills, i will cross my fingers for you!:Dancing_wub:
Yes Pepperhibs.. will be going in for elective caesarean.. What I meant is, your doctor is quite cheap considering that you came in trying to deliver normally but end up in emergency caesar. My gynae told me I will be double charged if I chosed Normal birth and baby couldnt come out naturally.. Lucky your gynae didnt double charge you for that.. :)

pepperphibs

Yes Pepperhibs.. will be going in for elective caesarean.. What I meant is, your doctor is quite cheap considering that you came in trying to deliver normally but end up in emergency caesar. My gynae told me I will be double charged if I chosed Normal birth and baby couldnt come out naturally.. Lucky your gynae didnt double charge you for that.. :)
Sorry for late reply, very busy past few days.

Oh, i thought it was a myth that u get charged for both cos i didn't. So it depends on whether the gynae choose to charge or not? But the hospital side also like never charge lei. I was in labour ward from 8.40pm till 6.30am the next day before my c-sect. Think they only charge me for the c-sect (operation theatre)

Looks like i should definitely go bk my gynae for my 2nd one when it comes along.

carolchng

I had an elective GA csect on nov 09 at Mount.A 4 bedded. I paid $1k deposit upon admission and after deduct everything from my medisave, they refund me $900 in cheque after 1-2 weeks.

varadidie

I had an elective GA csect on nov 09 at Mount.A 4 bedded. I paid $1k deposit upon admission and after deduct everything from my medisave, they refund me $900 in cheque after 1-2 weeks.

Wow!!! thast even much cheaper!!!! .. Which Gynae did you went to? That means you paid only 100 in cash. How many days did you stay?

carolchng

Wow!!! thast even much cheaper!!!! .. Which Gynae did you went to? That means you paid only 100 in cash. How many days did you stay?
My gynae was Dr. C.K Chan at clementi..4d 3n stay...less than 100.. ard 80-90+.. can't rem the exact amount.

Missy S

My gynae was Dr. C.K Chan at clementi..4d 3n stay...less than 100.. around 80-90+.. can't rem the exact amount.
Hi, how come your bill is so cheap for delivery??? Really unbelievable leh...

For me, I deliver at KK, elective c-sec. stay at 4-bedded ward. Stay for 3d2n, total bill is ard $4200, medisave deduct $3500, CASH paid around $712. Upfront we made a cash pre-payment of $1482, then receive a cheque refund of $770.