Hospital bills

hpoo

Dear All

Please share your overall hospital bill for delivery and how many days you stayed.

Thanks.

:Dancing_wub:

alicia66

Dear All

Please share your overall hospital bill for delivery and how many days you stayed.

Thanks.

:Dancing_wub:
i had my baby by caeserean at KKH. My total delivery bill was $7000.. $4000 by medisave and the rest cash and there is an additional $684 for my bb paid by medisave too.
i stayed in the A1 ward for 6 days.. the package for caeserean is 3 days only. .
i was admitted on my EDD but after 3 days of inducing labour, my crevix is not dilating at all so the doctor decided to do a casearean for me.
i hope that's of help to you.

petrinagoh

induce 36hrs, no dilation.. in the end, elective c-sec.
bill - $11k, 2-bedded @ glens, 6days. package also 3days niah.
$4100 medi, $6900 cash.

jenvirgo

- My hospital bill for 1st baby around $2k+, CPF $1k+ Cash around $1k+ for 3 days 2 night stay with 4 bedded (Class B1), with epidural.
- For my 2nd baby around $1.3k+ , CPF $1k+ caash around $300+ for 2 days 1 night stay with 4 bedded, no epidural.
- My 3rd baby around $1.5k+ CPF $800+ cash ard $700+ for 1 night with 4 bedded, no epidural.
All was born at KKH and normal delivery.

Ah Cheng

- My hospital bill for 1st baby around $2k+, CPF $1k+ Cash around $1k+ for 3 days 2 night stay with 4 bedded (Class B1), with epidural.
- For my 2nd baby around $1.3k+ , CPF $1k+ caash around $300+ for 2 days 1 night stay with 4 bedded, no epidural.
- My 3rd baby around $1.5k+ CPF $800+ cash ard $700+ for 1 night with 4 bedded, no epidural.
All was born at KKH and normal delivery.

HI Jenvirgo,
How come the rates are so different for the 3 delivery?
And how did you manage to endure the pain without epidural? That's so brave.
:tlaugh:

lonerjas

HI Jenvirgo,
I tink i know why.. cos laws change so we are entitle to use more of medisave.. Mayb i tink the number of child plays a part too ( just guessing ) so we pay lesser for cash...

lonerjas

I stayed 2 nites in MtA. induce birth + last min epi.. i paid total 900+ cash bill total i forget le..

( yr 2004 )

adoncia

HI Jenvirgo,

rates varies on the time you stay you in the delivery ward. ;) if you noted, Jenvirgo 1st child birth, she stayed in the hospital for 3 days 2 nights. 2nd & 3rd child birth, 1 night.

for me, i stay in the delivery ward for more around 12 hours. 2 night stay as by the time baby is born, its night time. took epi as well. total bill, around 2k+ (i think). all paid via cpf. got back some cash as well. :001_302:

jenvirgo

HI Jenvirgo,
If i m not wrong it's depend to the hours you stay in delivery ward also.
Cos my 1st delivery almost took 12 hours inside there, for 2nd less than 4 hrs and 3rd around 6 hrs. that's why my 2nd delivery bill cheap.
And CPF deduction also vary. maybe its depend to the delivery mode also.

i also dunno why i can endure the pain w/o epi...but one thing that i know, at least i can feel the power of being a mother & the pain of giving birth....and also maybe my 2nd ds is coming out soon after i m inside delivery ward for 30 mins, so i just endure the pain for abt 30 mins lor.:wink:

Last edited:

reen_320

Hi Dear all,

Anyone deliver at MOunt E?? Can you please the hospital bills? How much cash needed? Thanks!:wong19:

CynCyn

which hosp? what did you use for delivery?

i tink doc fess all these plays a part in the bill as well...
KKH lo , mine is natural birth without vacuum all this .
Deduct totally from my Dad's CPF still receive a cheque back .

pauline

Dear all

What happens if you are booked for Natural Delivery Package but ended up with Emergency Caeserean (due to unforseen circumstances like cervix not dilating)?

Is the hospital going to charge you for the Natural Delivery Package on top of the Emergency Caeserean Package? or they will only charge the Caeserean Package?

Thanks.

angila19

wah so ex... i;m a new mum to be in the site. Faints so ex ah everything i hear liao faints. my due is jan 2009. OH no it's all costing a big boom . :we2Randy-git:

woo22

mine was at TMC in June .. 4d/3n stay c-sect wiz epidural..cash - abt $1600
medisave..abt $3800.. expenses for both mummy n bb after deductions/discounts

:( baby bonus where got enuf???!! I dun get to enjoy the latest package.. dd 2 doc visits oredi cost almost $600...mummy kiasu and blur..every jab oso take for my dd..
just did her jab..so scared she will get fever later at night..now making sure she gets lots of fluid into her system!

1st bb..mummy really lost :( wonder how my grandma did it..17 kids in all