hospital charges/packages

vonn81

Hi. I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have an appt at KKH with a senior consultant. My first time so I am unaware of most things. Would appreciate help if you know the following answers:

Finance:

1) I keep reading about packages etc for delivery - what is that about? Is it only applicable to private hospital and not KK? Would I need to pay cash upfront before delivery? If I am not wrong, we pay as we go along for each consultation at KK?

Classes:

2) I understand that there are public clinic, private clinic and The Private Suite at KK? What is the difference between them? Also, I would prefer that my gynea also delivers the baby - so which option should I pick? Would I need to make the decision at the begining of my appointment (my first appointment is on 9th Sep 08)

Thanks - I'm sure I will have lots of questions as time goes on!

Hi,

Actually KKH has many bad experience from many mothers, but i guess its really depends on luck...

For me i choose KKH is becos 1) when i'm preg i'm not in sg,so dont have the time to ask ard which hospital/pkg better 2) i'm also delivered there so might as well let my bb deliver there too.

I was told by a friend that i better get a referral letter fr the poly clinic so that i can get a subsidy. BUT i din know that i cant have the same gynae for every visit and din even know who will deliver my bb. I'm not comfortable with that idea so i told my dh and he said then change lor.piss** just becos of the referral letter i waited 4 hrs at poly.

I did not sign up any pkg cos i will away most of the time until my 7th mth then i will be back sg for good.

I dont have any recommended gynae so just hamtam 1... luckily she is pretty and nice, i feel very comfortable with her. I also took up the private suite cost more but worth it. waiting time cut short and service
also good. The environment also cosy compared to the subsidy clinics, naturally the delivery cost also higher becos of the gynae and once you opt for private suite all charges goes to premium level. and can only choose single bed to four bedded. I also cannot afford if its too ex, but i think on averge its still affordable.can deduct 1800 from medisave on the delivery pkg. so i paid abt 900 in cash ard the time i was abt to deliver.

I usually paid abt 65+ for my routine check excluding pills each time so i think sign up package is more woth it.

My experience on my delivery day was also not bad. Had epidural and was better then i expect cos i tot it will be a very painful jab, the doc who gave me the jab was very pro and meticulous.i had a pain free delivery and 3 push my bb was out.

I will want my 2nd bb to be deliver there with the same gynae when he/she comes.

:Dancing_wub:

JOS

no matter how much you pay for antenatal care max claim is only $450 when delivery

So i guess you haven started on antenatal pkg yet usually plkg start 12 weeks onwards.. $200 for 1 st vist is consider expensive.

My gyane charges $100 for 1st time consultation subsequent $50 ( if not under pkg ) ultra scan $70 for 1st time subsequent $50 .

Under my antenatal pkg:
$650
Includes all checkups till birth and 1 checkup aftr birth
( 12weeks onwards till 24week is 1 vist every 4 weeks, 24weeks onwards is 3 weeks once, 30weeks 2 weeks once, 34 weeks 1 weeks onces )

every vist includes ultra scan, urine test, blood pressure test, weight monitoring. Hearing of BB heartbeat.

Blood test ($200) and detail scan ($108) are seperate charges

Abt 28weeks to 30weeks will collect $600 deposit for hospital addmission fees. this is deductable from my delivery final bill
Hi, would like to check which clinic n doctor u r consulting... im 8weeks into pregnancy and have not consulted any gyn yet. I think i have very little time to decide n "shop" around now... pls advice =(

I am currently seeing a consultant at KKH Private Suite... I was told by the nurse at payment couinter that now they do not offer any packages... Pay as ala-carte each visit...

As for medisave claims...The same nurse told me that they will deduct my delivery charges, and if there is any remaining amount, then it will be used to "claim" the pre-natal charges...

The above has been confirmed by my colleague, but I guess it doesn't make a difference to her, cos she acts as if she is very rich and don't bother much about charges and did not share much about her experience... don't know why also... since both of us pregnant at the same time, thought can share info mah.... sigh

anyways, would like to seek advice of mothers going to KKH Private suite here...