hospital charges

ratna

Hi all moms,

I just went for my checkup last week and ask about the hospital charges. Was told tht if i opt for A+ room, I can only claim certain percentage of the charges from medisave. the rest they said i have to pay cash deposit.

Just a bit confused, will we be getting back the cash deposit from the hospital or nothing will be given back. Greatly need help from all mummies out there... First time mummy here..LOL :shyxxx:

apollo

Hi all moms,

I just went for my checkup last week and ask about the hospital charges. Was told tht if i opt for A+ room, I can only claim certain percentage of the charges from medisave. the rest they said i have to pay cash deposit.

Just a bit confused, will we be getting back the cash deposit from the hospital or nothing will be given back. Greatly need help from all mummies out there... First time mummy here..LOL :shyxxx:
whether u will get back the deposit or nd to top up additional cash all depends on ur hospital & labour bill...

which hospital u'll be giving birth?? natural or c-sect?? cos diffe mode of delivery and hospital prices are diffe, also depends on hw much ur gynae charge u :tlaugh:

76esther

hi ratna

i had gave birth twice at TMC and once at mt A.
upon admission, we will pay a $1k deposit. can be paid by credit card.
when i was discharged, i had to top up cash.. so there is no return of any deposit since they had used it to offset my hosp bill.

1st delivery = $1.9k cash (TMC)
2nd delivery = $2.1k cash (TMC)
3rd delivery = $2.4k cash (Mt A)

pigletif

hi ratna

i had gave birth twice at Thomson Medical Center and once at mt A.
upon admission, we will pay a $1k deposit. can be paid by credit card.
when i was discharged, i had to top up cash.. so there is no return of any deposit since they had used it to offset my hospital bill.

1st delivery = $1.9k cash (Thomson Medical Center)
2nd delivery = $2.1k cash (Thomson Medical Center)
3rd delivery = $2.4k cash (Mt A)
how many bedded did you stayed in for both TMC and Mt A? natural with or without epi?

76esther

i had opt for 1-bedder so that my hub can sleep over with me..
all 3 labours are natural with epidural.

ysabelle

i had opt for 1-bedder so that my hub can sleep over with me..
all 3 labours are natural with epidural.
hello, i will give bith at Mt A this coming july. was thinking of natural with epidural but was informed that i need to pay 1K+ for the anaesthesiologist...the doctor that will inject the epidural. was a bit disappointed coz i was really tight on budget and my medisave is not enough. the 2.3K you paid cash in Mt A all in? how much were u able to claim for your medisave? when did you give birth in Mt A?
sorry too many questions:embarrassed:

shopaholic

i'm giving birth at singapore general hospital. I was planning for natural birth, and 1 bedder.
When I gave birth in SGH 4 yrs ago (induced, natural with epi, 1 bedder), think after medisave, it's about $1k+ (cant remember exact). The rate might hv gone up by now.

ratna

Hi shopaholic,

Thanks for the reply. any memories good or bad tht like to share giving birth in singapore general hospital? mine due in July 2009 (very excited).

Now the rate has gone up to about $1500. A bit too steep for me. Maybe i will opt for 4 bedder instead.

shopaholic

Hi shopaholic,

Thanks for the reply. any memories good or bad tht like to share giving birth in singapore general hospital? mine due in July 2009 (very excited).

Now the rate has gone up to about $1500. A bit too steep for me. Maybe i will opt for 4 bedder instead.
Hi Ratna,

Actually, I had pretty gd memories of my stay at SGH. The nurses at the labour ward were very nice and encouraging. The labour ward was also equipped with TV so that I can watch some programmes while waiting to dilate. :D

On the whole, pretty good. All the best and hv a smooth delivery. :)

apple21

Hi,
I'm a first time mum to be here.
Has anyone delivers your baby at SGH in late 2009 or early 2010?
Is the charges for A1 rate higher than private hospital?
I was told you can't sign any package.
Need advise.
Thanks

dollytan

Hi,
I'm a first time mum to be here.
Has anyone delivers your baby at singapore general hospital in late 2009 or early 2010?
Is the charges for A1 rate higher than private hospital?
I was told you can't sign any package.
Need advise.
Thanks
I just delivery my baby in June, my both baby was deliver in SGH.

The charge of A1 is lower than private hospital that what I can sure for you.
Check it out in MOH website.

Ministry of Health: Bill Size Details

For your delivery you are not necessary to sign any package, that was most of the private sector does only.

You also can use medisave maternity package.

I total spend about 4 k in SGH both me and my baby bill, but after medisave deduction, I just spending 1.6 k only for staying in A1.

You may wonder why, because I choose normal delivery and without any epidural.

Giving bith is a natural process of a women life, my mother,my grandmother all giving birth without all the modern technologic and did not chemical silence not knowing the birth process.

Go for normal delivery, not only save more also the bonding with your child also will be better.

icy_haze

hello, i will give bith at Mt A this coming july. was thinking of natural with epidural but was informed that i need to pay 1K+ for the anaesthesiologist...the doctor that will inject the epidural. was a bit disappointed coz i was really tight on budget and my medisave is not enough. the 2.3K you paid cash in Mt A all in? how much were you able to claim for your medisave? when did you give birth in Mt A?
sorry too many questions:embarrassed:
Where did u get e info fr tat u need to pay 1k+ for the anaesthesiologist?? Did u hear wrongly??

I just gave birth in feb at mt A. I only paid ard 300+ for the anaesthesiologist. I was on 2 bedded ward n my total bill was ard 4.1k, nAtural birth w epidural. Claimed 2.1k fr medisave n forked out 2k cash.

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Where did you get e info fr that you need to pay 1k+ for the anaesthesiologist?? Did you hear wrongly??

I just gave birth in feb at mt A. I only paid around 300+ for the anaesthesiologist. I was on 2 bedded ward n my total bill was around 4.1k, nAtural birth w epidural. Claimed 2.1k fr medisave n forked out 2k cash.
Hi,

I heard medisave can claim up to $3.2K max right? Howcome you only claim 2.1K?

Fiona73

The amount of medisave claimable is also dependance on the type of ward and type of surgery. You can always check with the hospital the total claimable for each cat. Hope it help.