Hospitalisation Insurance for family

Ninasky

My friend is recommending me to take up an AIA hospitalisation plan in case any of my family members ends up hospitalised (touch wood!).

Can anyone help - which insurance company is better in this area ?

Many thanks !

Hi,

The Hospitalisation plan you mentioned is an enhanced shield plan. Premium for basic plan via cpf and the rider via cash. The plans in the market are more or less similar except for some features that are unique to the insurer. Aviva for example offers moratorium underwriting which mean that no underwriting is required but should there be a claim,they will check if teh condition is a pre-existing condition. If a specific condition did not require a medical consultation in teh last five years, I think they will cover it if I don't remember wrongly.

For AIA, there is an additional $100,000 coverage if the admission is due to a covered critical illness and they also cover for living organ donor transplant. This is payable regardless of you being the done or the reciepient of an organ.

Firstly, you should decide the kind of medical needs you prefer such as private or government restructured hospital and the kind of ward.

Hope this helps!

PuTRi

So far my clients are happy wt Aviva Ins service as the claims are fast & if they go hosp under their e-log listing, they dont need to pay deposit.
If both husband & wife insured under Aviva, up to max of 4 childrens can be covered for FREE.
Yrly limit of up to $650,000. No Lifetime Limit.
Lately there are new additional features which info will only be release near March 2013. One of which, ins coverage extend to the eyes(cornea). Other info are not yet reveal.
Btw - you can actually googled or go to cpf website to chk on comparison of ALL the hosp ins in sg. Hope tis helps based on my experience n claims feedbacks i rcv from my clients.

TngJinYau

My friend is recommending me to take up an AIA hospitalisation plan in case any of my family members ends up hospitalised (touch wood!).

Can anyone help - which insurance company is better in this area ?

Many thanks !
Really depends on what you really want, cos I have clients who are price sensitive. Some wants cheap, coverage not important. Most of the shield plans are more or less the same as the basic plan they ride on is the Medishield. Different companies will throw in small little benefits just to make the plan look more attractive. But basically they are more or less the same.

They have to follow the schedule that Medishield use. More importantly, find somebody you trust and be able to work with you because the hospitalisation plan is only the beginning. You will need somebody who is competent enough to plan for you and you family and not just push you a product. But the shield plan is a basic plan all should have.

TngJinYau

The word is out on the Straits Times that Prudential has the cheapest shield plan in town. Let me know if you need a relook at your portfolios!

Cheers!