Household expenses

elaine01

Every month, after my pay comes into my right hand. my left hand goes around 'distributing' our monthly expenses.

We've no car, no maid, a 4-rm flat. We've a nanny to take care of DS though. Just household expenses & nanny alone easily hit $1K, not including credit cards, food & travelling. Hardly have enough to pamper myself.

justmint

hehehee..same like my case too!

every mth when the pay comes...the next day all out to bills & the mthly expenses on house, baby, food etc...after that the bal is only enough to pay for my transport & makan....sigh...

Every month, after my pay comes into my right hand. my left hand goes around 'distributing' our monthly expenses.

We've no car, no maid, a 4-rm flat. We've a nanny to take care of DS though. Just household expenses & nanny alone easily hit $1K, not including credit cards, food & travelling. Hardly have enough to pamper myself.

Sheree

For me, I am a stay at home mum so hubby will take care of all the household expenses. Total household expenses is around $4k. total $1.2k is allowance for both my mum and mil, $700 for car & carpark, $350 for hubby's insurance, $200 for dear son's insurance, $150 for hp bill and $1400 for our own expenses like food, ds's milk powder & diapers and shopping etc.
And we do put aside some money for our joint account too.

Last edited:

babypris86

for mine cuz we both working... $800 for MIL to look after baby... $300 for house hold bills,$100 each for our phone bill,$80 for starhub cable, transport is $300 for both of us.....

elaine01

For me, I am a stay at home mum so hubby will take care of all the household expenses. Total household expenses is around $4k. total $1.2k is allowance for both my mum and mil, $700 for car & carpark, $350 for hubby's insurance, $200 for dear son's insurance, $150 for hp bill and $1400 for our own expenses like food, ds's milk powder & diapers and shopping etc.
And we do put aside some money for our joint account too.
we hardly buy clothes except CNY. we dont have to worry about milk powder too.

we have scrumptious meals only once a month..........

i hardly hv enuf formyself, not to say give my mum allowance.they also understand. no bonus for the past 4 years.........next year hv bonus will make up to her.

DH also never give allowance. why he never give i also dunno. he has more than enough to use.

elaine01

for mine cuz we both working... $800 for MIL to look after baby... $300 for house hold bills,$100 each for our phone bill,$80 for starhub cable, transport is $300 for both of us.....
$800?! over night ah?

my household bills not cheap too. try to use resdidential phone as much as possible. no SCV. hardly have time to watch free channels, so dont waste $$$ subscribing for SCV. transport about $0.63 x 2 daily for weekdays. weekends about <$20 a day.........:embarrassed:

Sheree

And I heard from my mum that nowadays alot of hawkers in Singapore actually increase the price of their food and drinks. Everything is going up except salary...haha.
For me, I also try to cook at home during weekdays to cut down our expenses as we are staying in Taiwan and one meal outside will cost us around $10 sin dollars. But of course we will treat ourselves to a good meal once a week. :tlaugh:

bagaholic

mine is about $2k.. the maid salary & condo maintenance take almost 1k itself..

we don't have car & it's only me hubby maid a daughter.. seeing all your expenses, i think my expense is not bad at all :001_302:

darialim

yah salary not going up, especially for those without diploma or degree. but not much choice, no education how to earn more? not as if companies want to train up the menial workers, they want costs to be low low, so higher ups can take home more.

now everything going up, electricity also increasing