how a father can help on the family

haoKR

share with us as how a father can help to share the burden when a kid is born. ty
your kid can be 12 or 24 months old?

whitecatz

My husband bathes my daughter from birth, changed her poopy diapers, cuddles and talks to her, and basically is able to do everything but breastfeed :)
My #1 is coming 3 soon and it's still the same stuff. In addition, he reads to her and plays rowdy games with her.

haoKR

thx for the input.
i only bathe for my son since the 2nd or 3rd month regularly.. but for now,i bathe him whenever im at home.
13months old kid

so do both of your work? who take cares of the baby?

Hey Daddy HaoKR! Based on our share of responsibilities at home, with regard to taking care of our baby, my husband plays with her. Because, honestly, I couldn't keep up with my baby's endless flow of energy. Hahaha. He also washes her spoons and plates. And when I am at work, he changes her nappies. Heehee! I bathe my daughter but he is the one who grooms her, like he combs her hair and ties it. <3

whitecatz

thx for the input.
i only bathe for my son since the 2nd or 3rd month regularly.. but for now,i bathe him whenever im at home.
13months old kid

so do both of your work? who take cares of the baby?
My MIL takes care of her when both of us go to work and we pick her up daily after work about 6pm. Weekends we look after her ourselves. She's been in the childcare in my office building since 18mths til now, so it's easier for us to pick her up after work as well.

Actually, there shouldn't be a clear segregation of who does what at home with regards to the baby because things are fluid. Sometimes, one of us have to work late, the other one takes over. Or if one of us had a really crappy and tiring day and just needs time out and quiet, the other one takes over.

colpini

well i am father of 8 month baby and i bath him, sometime make him eat something and also change his diapers.