how accurate are ultrascans?

stainedgleetz

hi, anyone has an input on how accurate ultrascans are with regard to showing/indicating how old a foetus is and due date calculating?

LoVeS

I tink it would b 70% the most bcoz i noticed tat my ultrasound scan pics tat my gynae print out for me always indicate diff EDD lor~

camom

It actually depends on the size of your foetus. If it's bigger than avg, then the Estimated Due Date (EDD) shown will be earlier. I won't rely on the aging shown in the pictures. It would be a record for your gynae. If he has any concerns that bb is unusually big/small from the pic, then he might do further checks.

Your gynae should be able to calculate for you the EDD based on the date of your last period. Anyway, it's an estimate only.

stainedgleetz

thanks!

thing is, all these while, i never recalled the first day of my last cycle and two different gyneas happened to estimate the same due date.
but a few days ago, i happened to find out the date and calculated online, they all stated a different date. hmmm. i just dont wwanna waste my leave and start taking way in advance... :(

angelwendy

Don't get too upset about it k.. when u do ur detail scan that time.. i think the Edd that they give will be the right one... :001_302: cheer up gal...

xicloudix

yes, the EDD in the detail scan will be the more accurate one.... The person who did the scan for me told me that only the EDD shown during scaning from 20 weeks onwards will be more accurate as baby will only be more stable after 20 weeks...

she also say that EDD shouldn't change much after 20 weeks.... EDD can early cannot late... coz if late that means baby not growing well, or baby have some growth problem...

stainedgleetz

thanks girls!

partly, also worried if he stays in there too long since EDDs are changing and we might miss the chance to induce. aiyaaaa! i wish this mummy thing was simpler! hahahah.

i read about late induction leading to baby's death. so scary!

angelwendy

thanks girls!

partly, also worried if he stays in there too long since EDDs are changing and we might miss the chance to induce. aiyaaaa! i wish this mummy thing was simpler! hahahah.

i read about late induction leading to baby's death. so scary!

Don't think too much of the bad things... anyway the chances of baby death is very very low... ur gynae will advise u when to be induce... or maybe ur waterbag will broke by then???:001_302: think positive...