How Did You "Train" Your Baby Wears Shoes?

Hi,

My little rascal of 18 months doesn't like to wear shoes. I had bought different types of shoes in the hope that he may like a pair and will wear it, but no use. He will try very hard to kick off his shoes when we are putting on for him especially new shoes.:eek:15:

Can anyone advise me how you "train" your little one to wear shoes willingly? And, for my dear son's age, what type of shoes are good for him?

Last edited:

Ting

haha i think its just a phase they go thru. cos they nvr worn shoes previously so they just dont feel comfy with it yet. but they'll get used to it.
your son is walking steadily now alr right?? i think can let him wear the harder soles type of shoes. cant really go by age, cos like some todds learn to walk steadily earlier(arnd 1 yo), some only start walking steadily near to 2yo, so hard to guage.

Hi Ting,

Yup. He can walk and run now since 1 yr old. So for the past 6 months we have been trying so hard to put on shoes for him. I have been throwing money into the drain by buying shoes, which I think is comfy for him to wear. :(

Really hope it is just a passing phrase.