How do you calculate your ovulation date

pumpkin101

Hi Ladies

How do you normally calculate your ovulation? Perhaps you can share some tips? I have read up too much on that. Use Ovulation Kit and even the ovulation calculator online but just didn't seem to work for me.

A recent advise I got was wait till your mens end totally as in clear, no more stain, count that as 1st day then on the 14th days + - 2 days try to ML.

One thing about me is I don't have much discharge so it isn't significant enough for me. Kindda annoying....

Do you ML alternate days? or everyday?

Do share your tips. Many thanks/

diymummy

Actually 1st day should count on the day you start your menses and then 14 days +/- 2 days if you're on regular 28-day cycle.

Every alternate day ML is good enough some feel because sperms can survive up to 48 hrs inside.

How often you use the ovulation kit? Strange that it doesn't detect anything.

Your menses regular?

pumpkin101

Actually 1st day should count on the day you start your menses and then 14 days +/- 2 days if you're on regular 28-day cycle.

Every alternate day ML is good enough some feel because sperms can survive up to 48 hours inside.

How often you use the ovulation kit? Strange that it doesn't detect anything.

Your menses regular?

That is one saying. + - 2 days if mens is 28days. Mine isn't and not really regular which is even harder. Ya I am doing it on alternate days. I have use O.kit once and I stop because couldn't detect anything at all. The cost for the kit ain't cheap.

diymummy

Ya.. Irregular usually more difficult to catch ovulation. But if it's a range like mine is between 26-30 days, then ovulation would be somewhere in the middle like 13-15 days and +/- 2 days which means between day 11 to day 17. During that time ML alternate days.

Ya gotta agree that O.kit not cheap. Though I read that there are cheap ones on sale on ebay as well as sprees. My friend bought cheap pregnancy test kit from internet.

camom

Strictly speaking, ovulation should occur 14 days before your next menstrual period. For people with 28 days cycle, it's exactly 14 days. For me, it took me a few mths to chart cos mine is 30-35 days cycle.

diymummy

Did you try the temperature method? Basal Body Temperature?

I also charted for a few months to pin point ovulation.

shiseru

Yep, OPK and BBT will be the best to dertermine when your ovulate.

My cycle is 26 days, and I ovulate on day 9. Look at my BBT chart shiseru Ovulation Charts

When I tested with OPK in Sept and Oct, i remembered I saw 2 lines on day 10-11 as well. If i never used OPK or take BBT, i would never know I ovulate early.

You might want to try using this link: Fertility Calculator, Ovulation Calendar Free Fertile Days, Fertile Calendar - BabyMed.com

But its good to know ur cycle days... Counting from your 1st day of your last mensus to the first day of your next mensus.. Try to monitor for at least 3mths and average out to know your cycle length so that it'll be more accurate as everyone's body is different and therefore have different cycle length though the average is bout 28days.

pumpkin101

Thanks ladies...

I haven't try out the temp. taking yet. Is there any particular type of thermometer that I should use? Does it mean I have to take my temp every morning at the same time? When should I start taking my temp? Any idea?

Ya I heard about getting all those kits on the internet. But I just didn't 'feel' like buying. I'm quite demorolised at times...

tinklish

taking temp can be quite a hassle..but its a good way too to track ovulation and all.. with the help of the ovulation kits, you can then know when is your most fertile period..so, no choice..still have to take temperature :)

pumpkin, it is best to get thermometer that is measured in fahrenheit rather than degree celsius because it is able to show a more significant change in temperature when u r ovulating...and yes, you have to take ur temperature every morning at the same time without getting out from bed and all :)

shiseru

pumpkin, it is best to get thermometer that is measured in fahrenheit rather than degree celsius because it is able to show a more significant change in temperature when you are ovulating...and yes, you have to take your temperature every morning at the same time without getting out from bed and all :)
I bought the thermometer measured in celsius worz... O_O I thought singapore couldn't find thermometer measured in fahrenheit? O_O

i think ovulation kit is still the best to determine the ovulation date.
Cos it test positive before u ovulate then u got time to act.. whereas BBT only tells u after u ovulate . by the time u see temperature spike means u oredi ovulate. and also it need few months to c ur cycle pattern. for me i can't use BBT cos i always wake up to pee in midnight sometime wake up at 4 or 5am then can't sleep so i nvr think to use BBT.
For ovulation kit just test everyday and once u see postive then faster BD.. i think this is easier.. somemore those online ovulation test strip r so cheap.. buy 20 pcs n keep. wan baby canot lazy...

Jemalene

i think ovulation kit is still the best to determine the ovulation date.
Cos it test positive before you ovulate then you got time to act.. whereas BBT only tells you after you ovulate . by the time you see temperature spike means you oredi ovulate. and also it need few months to c your cycle pattern. for me i can't use BBT cos i always wake up to pee in midnight sometime wake up at 4 or 5am then can't sleep so i never think to use BBT.
For ovulation kit just test everyday and once you see postive then faster BD.. i think this is easier.. somemore those online ovulation test strip are so cheap.. buy 20 pcs n keep. want baby canot lazy...
can share where to buy ovulation test strip online?

pumpkin101

can share where to buy ovulation test strip online?
Hi ladies,

I'm back and thanks for the advise. Last month, I managed to find out my Ovulation after I use the O.kit. I guess for the previous time, I tested it too late which is why it is always negative which is so demorolising...

Jemalene, I recently order the test strip from a US website. You can check it out at Early Pregnancy Tests and Ovulation Kit for Home Users - Cheap and Accurate(from $0.45)!

They SHIP directly to Singapore so you don't have to use vpost service.

cheers

camom

I bought the thermometer measured in celsius worz... O_O I thought singapore couldn't find thermometer measured in fahrenheit? O_O
Can find.. u know those forehead/ear thermometers? They have this function for u to select.

nirmiti27

Hi Ladies

How do you normally calculate your ovulation? Perhaps you can share some tips? I have read up too much on that. Use Ovulation Kit and even the ovulation calculator online but just didn't seem to work for me.

A recent advise I got was wait till your mens end totally as in clear, no more stain, count that as 1st day then on the 14th days + - 2 days try to ML.

One thing about me is I dont't have much discharge so it isn't significant enough for me. Kindda annoying....

Do you ML alternate days? or everyday?

Do share your tips. Many thanks/
I have used few tech. to know my exact ovulation day as my cycles were irregular before conceiving reyu..my angel baby...they are 2 steps to follow if you have fairly regular cycles.. we will take my example..I have 35 days cycle now

Step 1. When you stop bleeding, start checking your cervical mucus ...if it eggwhite consistency(please google for more info on it) then start using ovulation test(must take from morning 10am till evening 8pm, as this will give more accurate result ...never use 1st morning urine as we do in pregnancy test) and when the test line is as dark as refference line or more darker ..that means you are ovulating or will ovulate in next 24 hours...have babydance:we2Randy-git: as much as you can till Cervical mucus becomes dry or creamy...which means you have ovulated....(CM gives the best result even if you have long cycle or irregular cycles...eggwhite like cervical mucus means you are in your fertile days)

step 2.
Also minus 14 days from total days of your cycle,eg. for me 35-14 = 21
so roughly my ovulation period will be cd18 to cd 23 eg. and i will have BD every daythen

combining these 2 steps we can find exact days of our ovulation....and i was pregnant in 4 months...but unfortunately i delivered in 7th month end and baby lived only for 18 days(baby's doctor negligence)...so will start trying to concieve from Feb' 10

temp make me more nervous and anxious...also you have to take time exactly at same time every day without moving....so left BBT(temping)

Hope this helps you all...I will start trying again in feb but i am making out my ovulation days from this months itself...it would be easy to get correctime later...

All The best!

chrish

I have used few tech. to know my exact ovulation day as my cycles were irregular before conceiving reyu..my angel baby...they are 2 steps to follow if you have fairly regular cycles.. we will take my example..I have 35 days cycle now....All The best!

Thanks for the info...im TTCing now and have been disappointed over these few months..cos no news..anyway will try again :):Dancing_wub:

nirmiti27

Thanks for the info...im TTCing now and have been disappointed over these few months..cos no news..anyway will try again :):Dancing_wub:
Hi Chrish,
I hope you will soon bless with with bundle of joy...

Mine TTC plan is postponded to May-june'10...so i will give my uetrus atleast 9 months break for becoming healthy

BabyDust to all of US