How do you spend time with your preschoolers?

nana

I'm a working mom and a part-time student in early childhood. I'm doing a project on mother & child relationship and how this relationship affect children in preschool. If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions please....You can send a private message and all this will be strictly confidential.
  1. Who is the main caregiver at home? (who looks after the child?)
  2. What type of program is your child attending? (full / 1/2 day)
  3. How is the reaction of your child when you leave him/her at the centre?
  4. What type of feedback do you get from the teachers in the centre?
  5. Do you participate in any activities / project work of your child?
  6. If you read to your child, how often and when?
  7. How do you spend time with your child?
Thanks a lot!:Dancing_wub:
(Advocacy for mother's love)

vion

1. Who is the main caregiver at home? (who looks after the child?) Me :wong29:
  2. What type of program is your child attending? (full / 1/2 day) I've 2 sch-going dds. DD#1 (7yo) - P1 afternoon session, DD#2 (5yo) - K1 morning session
  3. How is the reaction of your child when you leave him/her at the centre? They hv no prob with sch thus will gladly walked in.
  4. What type of feedback do you get from the teachers in the centre? Both hv no negative feedbacks yet. hehe. But DD#2 's teacher did mentioned tt dd has a strong character, able to lead, thus will hv conflict with any other classmates who oso hv tis ability. hehe. Gd or bad ah??
  5. Do you participate in any activities / project work of your child? Not as long as they can handle them themselves.
  6. If you read to your child, how often and when? Hehe I seldom read to them, they usually read themselves, n they attended reading programs
  7. How do you spend time with your child? When they r home, most of the times were spent watching tv. No special time la but will try to bring them out on sundays n during the holidays.

nana

hi vion,
thanx for ur feedback. Having leadership qualities is good, but give others a chance la... once in a while....

wahwah

1. Who is the main caregiver at home? (who looks after the child?) Me and mother-in-law
  2. What type of program is your child attending? (full / 1/2 day) Son K2 (3hr prog), Daughter Playgrp (1.5 hr)
  3. How is the reaction of your child when you leave him/her at the centre? Happily wave and say goodbye
  4. What type of feedback do you get from the teachers in the centre? Son-No prob academically, but lacks initiative, appears to be dreamy at times. Girl-Very enthusiastic and keen learner.
  5. Do you participate in any activities / project work of your child? Yes, esp for my son cos he is not interested in craft work, have to sit him down and complete the projects together.
  6. If you read to your child, how often and when? Everyday at night. Son-will sit and listen to him read or take turns to read if story is too long. Daughter- will read with her.
  7. How do you spend time with your child? Basically, I have schedule for them. Both go to sch in the morning,come home have luch, watch TV and nap.
4-4.30pm Son-practise Keyboard Girl-practise Piano (Have to sit with them and hear
them practise) They take turns, when one is practising, the
other eat fruits.
5-6pm Home work time, also craft time for my girl cos she doesn't have as
many homework to complete.
6-6.45pm Dinner
7.30-8pm Outdoor play at the playground
8.30-9pm Reading Time (After 9pm- Play time with dad)

Will try and stick to the routine unless my boy or girl has enrichment classes.

Weekends-We try to bring them out once a week to places like airport, zoo,
beach,shopping etc.

Hope my input is helpful.

nana

hi wahwah,
so nice to know that mummies like u spend time with children in meaningful ways. A dreamer is a creative thinker.....

xiaodaisy

1. Who is the main caregiver at home? (who looks after the child?) Me
  2. What type of program is your child attending? (full / 1/2 day) K1 noon session 1pm to 5pm
  3. How is the reaction of your child when you leave him/her at the centre? hmmm.. happy? haha he don have kinda reaction lah but i oni bought him to sch for 1 or 2 wks oni, now he goes to sch himself..
  4. What type of feedback do you get from the teachers in the centre? slow in learning [cos problems on ear] , bad tempered sometimes
  5. Do you participate in any activities / project work of your child? nope
  6. If you read to your child, how often and when? i never read to him b4
  7. How do you spend time with your child? i seldom spend time wif him, he mostly play wif his didi or watchin tv.. once in a while den bring dem out maybe to ride thier bike or playground, or out wif my frens to chit chat n my frens would play wif him..