How do you stop your bb from using pacifier?

atkht

Hi,anyone can share your experience of helping your bb get rid of pacifier? currently my bb is using pacifier to sleep.. hope to stop him from this habit .. tia:Dancing_wub:

Jane_Mummy

Hi,anyone can share your experience of helping your bb get rid of pacifier? currently my bb is using pacifier to sleep.. hope to stop him from this habit .. tia:Dancing_wub:

Hi Atkht,

I will tell my son tat the pacifier throw away already will buy tml of tell them the shop nv sell already.

Snowpea

Before my gal turns two, I just stopped giving her pacifier. Of course, she cried for the first few days before sleep. She needed pacifier for sleeping. Now she doesn't need pacifier as she is using her bean pillow as subsitute.

Edwinie

When I was young, my mum put chilli sauce on the pacifier and I stopped immediately. It depends on how old your child is.

atkht

my bb 13th month.. i guess he dun understand if i tell him i throw away and get tomorrow... hahaaa... still too young to stop?

Edwinie

sometimes i need to use it to get my 5 months old son to sleep. it's only when he gets very fussy and refuse to sleep that i give up and pass him the pacifier.

when he is in deep sleep, maybe around 20 minutes, he either drop the pacifier out of his mouth himself or i pull it out for him. when i pull it out, he was still sucking quite hard. after i pulled it out, he will make some sucking noise (which i find it cute). and he will continue to sleep.

maybe you can try pulling it out when he is in deep sleep first? not sure whether it works. but i think need to start from small steps first.

atkht

Anyone tried cutting hole on the pacifier? Read from somewhere... not sure any mummy tried this method?

Anyone tried cutting hole on the pacifier? Read from somewhere... not sure any mummy tried this method?
never put my children on pacifier. but i imagine if you cut a hole, it will fill up with air with every release and then the baby will suck in the air with every bite? maybe mommies with experience using pacifiers can comment?

AugBoyz

Why cut a hole? Imagine the saliva trapped inside the pacifier or when u was the water trap inside it. It provide a place for the fungus to grow. Maybe its just me being paranoid lol

AugBoyz

My monster needs pacifier to sleep, once fall into deep sleep we will remove it. its been like this since young so he has no issue on it. We managed to get him to ditch the pacifier ard 1yr+. However, when he gets "promote" from infant to playgroup, which is of different routine n environment, he wants back the pacifier as security comfort. Finally managed to get him to ditch it when he was ard 19/20mths. He bite the pacifier n the rubber part broke, made him threw into the dustbin himself. when he asked for it tt night and on the following few nights we reminded him that he "threw it away tt day". He did not make any fuss or cry, just went on to sleep, eventually he forgot about the pacifier.

lekdao

My gal stopped using pacifier after i gave a good scolding, within a day she can bite 3 pacifier and the rubber part broke. Since then i offered her, she dun want it anymore. But at times, she will suck her younger sibling pacifier. . . FAINT

ling.er

My son 10mth wa using pacifer to slp as well.. Mostly he will throw out by himself when he slp deep..

I will wean him off mayb 12mth+
I wonder he ok anot ><"

MIL also put chilli on hubb pacifer which he STOP .. Lolx

* some say if good to let bb have pacife but y ?( Hear from a sale-girl @ bukit Timah)
** Some say teeth grow nt nice if eat pacifer ..

Ting

pin was on the pacifier, but only during nap times and night time slps.usually when she falls aslp, she spits it out herself... she was on the pacifier til close to 2yo iirc, but it took me only 2 weeks to wean her off and during that 2 weeks of weaning, she didnt really asked for it much, just on n off asked me and i reminded her she threw her pacifier away herself alr. =X

atkht

Around 13 month haha.

wow.. he can understand at 13month... i doubt mine can.. :( did he cry or difficulties in sleeping after you told him that? each time when i tell him no more and left him to sleep... he walk around the cot bed to and fro... aiyoh.. until i give up and give him , then he will lie down and zzz.. i m too tired waiting for him to sleep , duno he will walk till what time , so i gaveup and give it to him hahaaa... should i continue let him walk and dun give him the pacifer till he sleep.. got few times, he walk for quite long time , later suck his bolster and cry... i guess he thinking of his pacifier..so i give it to him