How does contraction feel like ?

PTB7476

How does it feel like ? How do we know that we are having contraction and going to be in labour and how difference is it from Braxton hicks contraction ?

Being a FTMTB, I can't help but worry I might just ignore them or not being able to recognise it when it happen :embarrassed:

angelwendy

How does it feel like ? How do we know that we are having contraction and going to be in labour and how difference is it from Braxton hicks contraction ?

Being a FTMTB, I can't help but worry I might just ignore them or not being able to recognise it when it happen :embarrassed:

BH... it will stop after a while... but for contraction.. i will comes & goes off... on & off... seems like no ending... & the pain is like mens cramp X 1000 times... don;t worry too much... because it depends.. some people is not so painful as mine....

& dont worry about if u can recognise a not.. because when is time.. u will sure know is contraction...

BH... it will stop after a while... but for contraction.. i will comes & goes off... on & off... seems like no ending... & the pain is like mens cramp X 1000 times... dont;t worry too much... because it depends.. some people is not so painful as mine....

& dont worry about if you can recognise a not.. because when is time.. you will sure know is contraction...
haha! hmm, the thing is there are odd mommies like me who find menstrual cramps worse than labour pain!...

real contractions are different from Braxton-Hicks in that the latter is centered around the tummy but real ones usually radiate from the back. for me, the contractions felt like rather uncomfortable backaches. this is due to baby moving down the birth canal ;)

PTB7476

my gosh... menstrual cramp are nothing to me so far it is bearable and backache is a common thing before i am pregnant ...how how how :tsad:

any more obvious sign and symptom... :embarrassed:

my gosh... menstrual cramp are nothing to me so far it is bearable and backache is a common thing before i am pregnant ...how how how :tsad:

any more obvious sign and symptom... :embarrassed:
actually, there usually are a series of signs to show you should be heading to the hospital. water breaking/leaking; bloody show; loss of mucus plug; contractions that increase in intensity and frequency (that's still probably the most telling sign you are probably in labour!)

having said that, it varies from mommy to mommy. for my second baby, i was at my doc's clinic in the morning and she was rather eager to ward me since over the three days past my cervix was progressively dilating - from 2cm to 2.5cm to 3cm, and have had show for the past two days. she was worried i was going to be very fast from there since my first one came very quickly. she was quite worried i might just give birth before i reach hospital so was giving me all the instructions on what to do. haha! i happily went out for lunch but by the end of it kind of knew i was really in labour. the timing between contractions were still not regular but they were just not the regular braxton-hicks. went home to rest and showered and ate some dinner and watched some tv before deciding to call her and tell her we were on our way! haha! was 6cm by then and baby arrived 2 hours later. i think you would know when it's time - which is why it's rare mommies give birth before they get to the hospital ;)

P4nic

sigh.. my pain threshold is super low.. i hope it wun be so painful.. although i cant wait to see my princess.

PTB7476

sigh.. my pain threshold is super low.. i hope it wun be so painful.. although i cant wait to see my princess.
Low is good at least that can be a warning sign for me it is high and I can just brush it aside and that scares me

ohstrawberry

For me i dun feel pain but very much of feeling wanting to poo, hahaha, i keeps shouting to my hubby when my contractions come saying: i want to poo, i want to poo. And i feel cold, dunno why. Quite bearable actually, maybe my pain toleration is high.

For me i dun feel pain but very much of feeling wanting to poo, hahaha, i keeps shouting to my hubby when my contractions come saying: i want to poo, i want to poo. And i feel cold, dunno why. Quite bearable actually, maybe my pain toleration is high.
Yeah me too.. but i felt the pain... with backache... oh my.. i kept shouting and trying to remove the monitor... heheh... The gas does't really help.... when almost ready to push, i kept on screaming is want to shit... heheh... not much pain when pushing him out... but i can feel the nurse cutting my vagina to enlarge the hole... eww.. that feeling sucks.. relieved when he is finally out.. hahs... really hungry then... though i ate breakfast!! hahhas...