How is contraction like??

mee212

Hi!

I'm 37.3 weeks now and it's my first baby. How is contraction like?? I am pain at my right lower abdomen, walk also very painful. The pain just started today and went for check up on last Friday, still no dilation yet...

Anyone know??

hi Mee...
is ur bb engaged? if so, it will hurt especially so when you are walking. I've not given birth before but that is what i heard lah! haha... =P Congrats on your first (upcoming) newborn!

keefu

Contraction is like having bad cramps that occurs every 10 minutes and the interval is getting shorter as the time goes by. If the interval is not regular and it's not getting more pain it could be braxton hicks contractions...

nice_clever6

Hi!

I'm 37.3 weeks now and it's my first baby. How is contraction like?? I am pain at my right lower abdomen, walk also very painful. The pain just started today and went for check up on last Friday, still no dilation yet...

Anyone know??
Hi me212,

I'm on my 37week and first baby too. I also feel the same pain at lower abdomen or sometimes at pelvis area when i walk or stand for a few mins. sometimes, I also having light soar or pain on upper abdomen, but doesn't seem like it's labor contraction since it is not in certain interval or last more than one secs. just few weeks to go, cheers

MeganLim

Hi,

My contraction is tummy become so tight that I can hardly walk. Also very bad back ache when lying on bed as well.

mee212

Hi!

Went for check up today and still no dilation yet! Baby head down already. Getting exciting and nervous.:err: My doctor told me that is normal if you have pain at your lower abdomen because the pressure from your baby. I have some brownish discharge (a bit) after I came back from Clinic and called up the clinic to check my condition. They said is normal because the doctor checked my cervix just now and ask me monitor throughout the night. Anyone experienced this?

hueychye79

Hi!

Went for check up today and still no dilation yet! Baby head down already. Getting exciting and nervous.:err: My doctor told me that is normal if you have pain at your lower abdomen because the pressure from your baby. I have some brownish discharge (a bit) after I came back from Clinic and called up the clinic to check my condition. They said is normal because the doctor checked my cervix just now and ask me monitor throughout the night. Anyone experienced this?
No worry. It is absolutely normal after gynae check the dilate.

Just need to monitor 2-3 days.

After 37 weeks monitor your contraction interval.

If the contration interval getting shorter and means your are going to give birth.

Happy motherhood

mee212

No worry. It is absolutely normal after gynae check the dilate.

Just need to monitor 2-3 days.

After 37 weeks monitor your contraction interval.

If the contration interval getting shorter and means your are going to give birth.

Happy motherhood
Tks, no more brownish discharge after that day! I think I still don't have any contraction yet for this few days and worried that cervix not open till due date, then doctor said might induce. Just felt some pain at lower abdomen. I hope I can deliver this few days....btw, my EDD is 20 Jan and baby now already 3.3 kg..

hueychye79

thanks, no more brownish discharge after that day! I think I still dont't have any contraction yet for this few days and worried that cervix not open till due date, then doctor said might induce. Just felt some pain at lower abdomen. I hope I can deliver this few days....btw, my EDD is 20 Jan and baby now already 3.3 kg..
Pain at lower abdomen means your baby is engage.

No worry about dilate.

When I am at 39 weeks also no dilate but I give birth after 2 days I visit gynae.

When is the time, you will know.

Enjoy your pregnancy period because you will missed it after you give birth.

Cheers...

Gem2505

No worry about dilate.

When I am at 39 weeks also no dilate but I give birth after 2 days I visit gynae.

Cheers...
Hihi. Came across this and would like to ask something. 2 weeks ago ( bb is weeek 31 ), she is still in sitting down position. however, last weekend, i experienced pain at lower abdomen. will bb head down n engage within 1 week? im experiencing cramps at times but luckily it went off soon after so i suppose its ok. =)
also, having "wanting to dierroea - stomach n lower abdomen pulling" pain.. which i find alil weird. coz end up, i didnt visit the toilet at all..

hueychye79

Hihi. Came across this and would like to ask something. 2 weeks ago ( bb is weeek 31 ), she is still in sitting down position. however, last weekend, i experienced pain at lower abdomen. will bb head down n engage within 1 week? im experiencing cramps at times but luckily it went off soon after so i suppose its ok. =)
also, having "wanting to dierroea - stomach n lower abdomen pulling" pain.. which i find alil weird. coz end up, i didnt visit the toilet at all..
Anything is possible ..

You are suppose to have check up every 3 weeks if I am not wrong..

When you visit gynae, you will know the answer..

For my case, I also always have an urge to go toilet in the 3rd trimester and Issac is engage when he is about 30 weeks.

Stomach also cramp? Is it braxton hick? Hard like rock and will release about 10mins?

I always have braxton hicks when I reach 30 weeks..

Hope my experience can help you although I am only mother of 1 child. = p

Gem2505

Anything is possible ..

You are suppose to have check up every 3 weeks if I am not wrong..

When you visit gynae, you will know the answer..

For my case, I also always have an urge to go toilet in the 3rd trimester and Issac is engage when he is about 30 weeks.

Stomach also cramp? Is it braxton hick? Hard like rock and will release about 10mins?

I always have braxton hicks when I reach 30 weeks..

Hope my experience can help you although I am only mother of 1 child. = p
yea. am visiting gynae every 2 weeks now. hopefully will have good news this afternoon. =)
the pains are like all over.. i rem clearly, the worst pain was the cramps at both sides of my lower abdomen. menses type. so i suppose that was false contractions from the search online..
overall, the more painful ones are still bb's kicks n punches. omg. she is extremely active. my husband say we will have a GOOD TIME looking after her in time to come. hahaha! cant wait to see her, but also cant bear to let her out coz i will miss all these funny movements. ;)

hueychye79

yea. am visiting gynae every 2 weeks now. hopefully will have good news this afternoon. =)
the pains are like all over.. i rem clearly, the worst pain was the cramps at both sides of my lower abdomen. menses type. so i suppose that was false contractions from the search online..
overall, the more painful ones are still bb's kicks n punches. omg. she is extremely active. my husband say we will have a GOOD TIME looking after her in time to come. hahaha! cant wait to see her, but also cant bear to let her out coz i will miss all these funny movements. ;)
33 weeks now..

Wow! Soon you will see your little princess..

Agree that definately will miss the time.. LOL..

Emmmm... If I think this round you need to always wake up for pee every night..

This part I don't miss it.. = p

mee212

No worry about dilate.

Cheers...
Hueychye79,

Agreed! I know I will miss those days though still few days to go...can't wait to see her!

Will you feel something if cervix dilate coz I did felt something when pee, a lil pain inside. Am going to check up again this fri and hopefully can deliver..

I hope I can cope with the pain. Are you giving birth in natural way without epidural??

hueychye79

Hueychye79,

Agreed! I know I will miss those days though still few days to go...can't wait to see her!

Will you feel something if cervix dilate coz I did felt something when pee, a lil pain inside. Am going to check up again this fri and hopefully can deliver..

I hope I can cope with the pain. Are you giving birth in natural way without epidural??
Can feel a little pain when pee and that is because the engage of the baby.

No worry about the dilate because for my case when I visit gynae at 39 weeks, still no dilate.

But after 3 days my boy is out.

Initially want to try without epidural but fail because is really pain for me.

Anyway I end up emergency C-sect because baby head too big cannot come out.

Gem2505

33 weeks now..

Wow! Soon you will see your little princess..

Agree that definately will miss the time.. LOL..

Emmmm... If I think this round you need to always wake up for pee every night..

This part I don't miss it.. = p
yes! yest's appt, bb head down ald. =) my edd suppose to be 24feb. but i told gynae i wanna induce on 11feb. he say ok coz its ard 38 weeks ald and he said, i may deliver even earlier than that.. -_-" i wanna drag till CNY!!! i want a bunny girl. ;)

hmm.. i seldom wake up to pee in the middle of the night. from the start till now, think 1 week also may not have once. haha. usually i will go pee only if i wake up in the middle of the night n cannot get back to slp.. so i just walk ard, go pee, iphone~~ haha. till i tired den go back to slp. haha!

kchiah

Hello mummies, if no sign of contraction, will the water bag burst also? Ever since my checkup on Wed, n doc said I m Gg to deliver next wk, I feel getting anxious, no contraction so far but afraid of water bag burst ......is it like wanna pee??? Can or can not control??? Last nite evening I keep gg to pee, now like got water also... Panty A bit wet ... Like little by little... Help!!!

N if the water come with bloody show???

Last edited:

mee212

Hello mummies, if no sign of contraction, will the water bag burst also? Ever since my checkup on Wed, n doc said I m Gg to deliver next wk, I feel getting anxious, no contraction so far but afraid of water bag burst ......is it like wanna pee??? Can or can not control??? Last nite evening I keep gg to pee, now like got water also... Panty A bit wet ... Like little by little... Help!!!

N if the water come with bloody show???
Hi! For my case, I have some contraction interval about every 20 mins, then keep gg to toilet and felt like wanna poo..the water is leaking out which you can't control. There was some pink/light red color discharge also. Then my contraction interval is getting closer like every 10 mins.

For your case, if u have water with some bloody discharge, some people may have contraction while some may not, tat's mean is gg to delivery soon, call your doctor and ask him/her...

Have a smooth delivery!

kchiah

Hi! For my case, I have some contraction interval about every 20 mins, then keep gg to toilet and felt like wanna poo..the water is leaking out which you can't control. There was some pink/light red color discharge also. Then my contraction interval is getting closer like every 10 mins.

For your case, if you have water with some bloody discharge, some people may have contraction while some may not, that's mean is gg to delivery soon, call your doctor and ask him/her...

Have a smooth delivery!

Hi hi, thks for your reply.

I called my doctor, he said is ok because i don't feel pain / no contractions, if really need to go hospital then jus go!!! he seems like very busy when talking to me....

after that i talk to my friend who delivered last month, then she said the discharge is ok, as for her case, she found out that got bloody show then she go to her doc there to check, then immediately go to labour ward.

so now i m more relax, jus wonder will my doc ask me to go hospital on that day when i go for check up next Wed morning......