how long did ur menses last?

pigletif

My menses came right after the lochia (which lasted for a month)
Menses lasted for 1 week (but the flow is not heavy, very little) and ended last week. but it came again this week with the same month.
and i am still bf.

anyone encounter this? i still haven't went for my 6th week post natal check cos blood haven't clear yet.. sign..

Cor

My menses lasted for more than a month as I was on confinement food. My mum added a lot of black fungus in my daily meals so it was clearing the blood clots which I had quite a lot..

After the initial bulk, I didn't have menses till about 3 mths later when I started to partially express breastmilk and substituting some feeds with formula. My son was suffering from breastmilk jaundice so I made the decision of not subjecting him to any further torture of being pricked every other day for blood tests..

Last edited:

LoVeS

My menses lasted for more than a month as I was on confinement food. My mum added a lot of black fungus in my daily meals so it was clearing the blood clots which I had quite a lot..

After the initial bulk, I didn't have menses till about 3 mths later when I started to partially express breastmilk and substituting some feeds with formula. My son was suffering from breastmilk jaundice so I made the decision of not subjecting him to any further torture of being pricked every other day for blood tests..
during ur confinement those are nt menses~ Those are called lochia~

kenxf_03

My menses came right after the lochia (which lasted for a month)
Menses lasted for 1 week (but the flow is not heavy, very little) and ended last week. but it came again this week with the same month.
and i am still bf.

anyone encounter this? i still have not't went for my 6th week post natal check cos blood have not't clear yet.. sign..

My lochia came for abt 1 mth. And my menses came after a mth after my confinement. And its last for 1 week also.. mine is heavy... And after my menses end, there are still spotting for a few days..

Cor

during your confinement those are not menses~ Those are called lochia~
Oops, I learnt something new today LoL. Hmm, if menses come straight after lochia, how to tell it apart? Could it not be some remaining/ leftover lochia?

pigletif

Oops, I learnt something new today LoL. Hmm, if menses come straight after lochia, how to tell it apart? Could it not be some remaining/ leftover lochia?
for me , the colour of lochia is different from menses.
my menses seems to be more bright red than lochia and before pregnancy...
kinda scary...

i think mine is spotting cos it didn't come alot ... so spotting takes so long to clear..