How long did you TTC before you strike?

lostinsg

high sex drive but will it affect the "quality"? must store a few days before? just don't know if ML everyday will affect the chances as it could be "diluted"? hahaa.... also, the quantity will affect too?

Recently, I'm kinda depressed... co kept asking us to go on forced leave.. 1 month work could be compressed to 1-2 months.. so very stressed for not completing work on time... and forced leave = no pay.... coupled w family problem (not my hubby)... under medication... also, before that, was under contraception pills for 4 months... stopped for 2 months as want to ttc.. with all these medications and stop contraception pills... now, my menses went haywired... 1 month can have 2 times... makes it harder to ttc...

anyone has problem after stopping the contraception pills? It was terrible aft stopping... nauseous, dizzy, no appetite...gyn did say it's normal... and now my cycle not consistent... harder to ttc... depress on top of depression.. :(

lawla12

I agreed relaxing is the way to go about it. Try to also get into the mood also. For me i restrict my hubby from sexual activities for 2 weeks to build up his sperm counts :p
understand from gynae tat generally, guys need 2-3days to generate full volumn of sperms..........2weeks, i tink its too long leeee...the sperms may b abit old n no strength to swim fast fast liaooo.....

my friends told me the recommended timing is evening time 4-5pm .. :Dancing_tongue:
dont know whether is it true or coincidence .. we did try before once during the 4mth then we got it ..
i heard morn is GOOD for :we2Randy-git::we2Randy-git: ...chances r higher......tats wad i heard, but i duno how true.....

I actually think that you should just enjoy the doing process.

babies seems to be the more you want it, the more dont have.. and vice versa..

sighzz...how not to tink when our ovulation timing is lehhh.....been trying for 1.5years liaooo.....seems like evy mth, i will tink, when my ovulation, when we do etc....ZzzZZZzzZZZ...sianzzz~

diymummy

That time I tried for 6 mths, then go see gynae to check, found a cyst and diagnosed with endometriosis. Went for op to remove cyst. Then gynae offered to give me monthly jabs for 4 months to stop my menses so that the clots in my tubes (caused by the condition endometriosis) will clear up. My hubby and I refused to undergo that treatment and told gynae that we will try another 6 mths. If nothing then we will take that treatment.

So I was put on chlomid as well as another pill (can't remember the name) and exactly after 6 mths, strike.

Every time after ML I will rest for half hour and rest buttock on pillow before moving around, like walking or whatever. I was also taking folic acid for that whole year that I was trying. Eating healthily is also impt as it's good to build up the nutrient stores in your body as the baby will need lots of nutrients when he/she is conceived.

shiseru

understand from gynae that generally, guys need 2-3days to generate full volumn of sperms..........2weeks, i tink its too long leeee...the sperms may b abit old and no strength to swim fast fast liaooo.....
Hahaha. I recalled I read from one article that the doctor suggested the husband to ejaculate 2 days before sex in order to maximize sperm quality.

The theory is that the more time sperm spend swimming in the warm environment of the testes, the more likely they are to suffer DNA damage; they also seem to become sluggish. So ML every other day is suggested.

Me and my hubby weren't really TTC before but we did agree to start TTC and within months I got pregnant unfortunately the pregnancy didn't last.

Currently we are serious TTC and hopefully God will bless us a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby this time.

Fadeela

Hi All,

I conceive 7 months after marriage... the first few months been trying but was always dissapointed. And i & my hubby went on an exercise & healthy diet regime and i actually got pregnant without even trying too hard. Cause me & my hubby actually have a better sex life after we started the healthy lifestyle. And I do hear that exercise can help to make yr menstruation problem (if any) ok n it actually increase the sperm count of the male...

26JMC

2weeks didnt :we2Randy-git: ?! the sperm lidat will be 'fresh':err:
Hi, i trying to concieve for close to a year before i strike. Was very stress during the 1 year when in-laws keep pressuring.

I agreed relaxing is the way to go about it. Try to also get into the mood also. For me i restrict my hubby from sexual activities for 2 weeks to build up his sperm counts :p

shiseru

2weeks didnt :we2Randy-git: ?! the sperm lidat will be 'fresh':err:
Well I heard the longer sperm hang around in the testes the more likely they are to accumulate DNA damage and the warm environment could also make them more sluggish after a while...

iwan2noe

Just to share my disappointment. I have been trying to concieve-ing since feb'08 and I am diagnosed with inverted womb. My menses have been fairly regular except for a false (happy) alarm in May when it was late for 3 days. This time round I was so sure I'd conceive as I had most of the symptoms and was late for 11 days but.....tested negative. Had spotting for 2 days and then suddenly bled. Went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital and had the checks etc and I am not pregnant. I wonder what went wrong. Did I miscarry or some other reasons?

Now I feel so emotionally weak that I wonder if I dare to trying to concieve again.....=(
Hi Incubator,

I understand how you feel. Let me share my experiecen with u.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and have inverted womb. By right inverted womb will not have much effect on ur conceiving. PCOS is. PCOS is a condition that affect females and females who have PCOS usually have irregular or no menses at all. Plus, those with PCOS may display symptoms like being hairy, acne prone face, plump,etc. I am lucky in the sense that i am not very hairy but I do have bad bouts of acne and was putting on weight fast.

I knew I was something 'wrong' when my menses dont come for many months and feel weird..that type of feelings when you know something not right about urself... So i seek the opinion of my 1st gynae and went thru a blood test to determine and confirm if I am having PCOS, and viola, i am a PCOS patient. So i was prescribed Yasmine pills to try regulating my hormones and hence menses. Took for a 6 mths cycles but found it not too suitable and acne is spreading like mad fire. Seek the opinion of a GP that is also a dermatologist and was presecribe diane 35, took for about 6mth to 1 yr and beyond and my acne improved tremendously. I continue to take my diane until I got married and stop diane for abt 4 mths(4 cycles) reason being since i am legally married and also since i wanna see if i can let nature take it course to 'treat' me and see if my menese will be regulated. To my disapointment (& also maybe is a blessings in diguise), in th 3rd month off the pills, i feel very weird abt myself. I tends to get hungry easily and sometimes w/o reaosns I feel my head spinning and the world seems to be revolving around me...so i went to a gp and he got me to do a pregnancy test and viola, he announced, :"you are pregnant!" and showed me the result...

Incubator, dont despair or lose heart, ur bb will come.. Just eat well, exercise and sleep well. Let nature takes its own course, don't pressure urself. Pressure wont help u but when u are in a relaxed mood bb will come :wong19: hugs!

Hmm, you may also consider getting ur hubby to do a check up to see and determine if the problem lies with him?

Dust some bb dust to u ;) Hope u receive good news soon!

Update us ok ? Take care!

it gets more and more difficult as days go by.. if you r over 30.. it takes longer... sigh

Its been 7mths plus since we TTC... very long journey.. still no good news. I have done all I can.

shiseru

it gets more and more difficult as days go by.. if you are over 30.. it takes longer... sigh

Its been 7mths plus since we trying to concieve... very long journey.. still no good news. I have done all I can.
Yes age does plays a part, but I have seen so many people above 35 got pregnant and have healthy babies. Sometimes it's really the heng suay thing.

For us, we only plan to have baby recently (I was 34) and I got pregnant without putting much effort unfortunately I lost her at 20 weeks. Now we are TTC again and I guess it would be much harder this time becoz when you want, you think, then got obsessed with the O thingy = stress = fail to conceive :wemad: