How long did you TTC before you strike?

seashell

It took me more than a year after married to get pregnant with my first girl . Was so worried that I was unable to conceive then. The 2nd boy came along 19th mths later when I was not planning for it.:001_302:

Incubator

Just to share my disappointment. I have been ttc-ing since feb'08 and I am diagnosed with inverted womb. My menses have been fairly regular except for a false (happy) alarm in May when it was late for 3 days. This time round I was so sure I'd conceive as I had most of the symptoms and was late for 11 days but.....tested negative. Had spotting for 2 days and then suddenly bled. Went to KKH and had the checks etc and I am not pregnant. I wonder what went wrong. Did I miscarry or some other reasons?

Now I feel so emotionally weak that I wonder if I dare to ttc again.....=(

Syna

I'm the kind who is not so easy to get pregnant.
First one, tried for about 18 months, 2nd one tried for about 24 months.
But I must say that my husband and I were too busy and too tired after work, to try. So we actually wasted a lot of chances. Plus mesus not regular, don't know when is the ovulation period. So just depended on luck.

Will stop at 2, it's too tiring to be preganant...

Last edited:

grapejelly

Have been trying on and off for the past 1 year...still havent strike..had a few false alarms as well till I want to give up already :nah:

Yin

No 1 was conceived within first month of TTC. Been TTC # 2 since Dec 07 & finally after 9 long months, I had a BFP on the test. Currently 6w&5d pregnant. I thought I am never going to strike it & thinking of see the fertility doctor in Jan 2009.

No 1 was "symptoms free" - sort of at this time but I am feeling so sleepy & gassy now. I wish I'm into the 12th Week so I can be normal again.

CanCanMum

we strike within tat week after married...very zhun!

so preggy wo even knowing and we were still tryin and tryin after tat coz heard fr othr pple not so easy strike one.....

hahahaha!!!

mine first strike in 1 month after married.
second one strike when 1st BB was 6 months old.. . .
eh hehehe... Mummy Jan. again same somethin in common. my 1st one also strike during 1st month aft got married.2nd 1 abit long. 10 mths after 1st bb. guess maybe cos its bf-ing?

Wasn't TTC. In fact, I think God was trying to make me eat my words. Just before finding out I was preggie I had proclaimed to my then bf I didn't want kids coz I didn't want that kind of commitment & responsibility. So much for that idea.

we strike within tat week after married...very zhun!

so preggy wo even knowing and we were still tryin and tryin after tat coz heard fr othr pple not so easy strike one.....

hahahaha!!!

ALMOST same story but with a twist.

WTTC - Wasn't Trying To Conceive.

after testing positive & confirming @ gynae, went to meet my gfs. so they all asked me "so how long did it take for u to get preggy?"

i was like "huh? wasn't trying ler. i didn't think my hb & i can have kids that easily."

they all went HAR??!!

so ... yea. am partially @ fault. cos didn't practise BC.

but my DH is the one to BLAME. a few days before his "soldier" met my "maiden", he smart alec went for a foot massage. happened to be @ tanjong katong complex. walked ard until 3rd floor, stepped into massage shop. old malay uncle touch him one time & asked "got kids?"

hb said "no"

then uncle smile smile.

next weekend .... KENA!!

*pengz*

so now DH & i joke ... one fine day we must go back to that pakcik (uncle), put DS in his lap ... and say "this is all YOUR FAULT!!!"

then when DS older & can talk, everytime he notti we'll tell him "send you back to UNCLE then you know!!!"

lol

Last edited:
lol yea.

anyway it makes sense lor. foot reflex can cure a lot of ailments mah ... it's all about blood circulation.

you know ... BLOOD CIRCULATION .... ???? .... heheh :wong17:

marilynn

I'm 33, married for 3 and half years now.... I've been TTC since the 1st month of marriage but till now its always been negative.... both hubby and me have gone full check up in KKH, both normal... i have gone thru all the test and even tried traditional medication but still not successfull... I cry every month when i menstruate.... Can anyone recommend me good Sinseh of doctors who might help me with confirm pregnancy:embarrassed:

CanCanMum

oh marilynn,

dun be sad and disheartened....

let me find out from friends whom they approached....i hv some friends who were also like u ....let me find out....

autumn82

I'm 33, married for 3 and half years now.... I've been TTC since the 1st month of marriage but till now its always been negative.... both hubby and me have gone full check up in KKH, both normal... i have gone thru all the test and even tried traditional medication but still not successfull... I cry every month when i menstruate.... Can anyone recommend me good Sinseh of doctors who might help me with confirm pregnancy:embarrassed:
Hi dear, probably right now u shldn't brood over it too much coz it will only stress u out. Stress too much also affects yr chances of getting pregnant.. I know it is difficult but give it a try.

Btw, do any of u have weight problem? If yes, it will also affect the chances of getting pregnant easily.

Can u calculate when u r ovulating? If can, u can try to do it during the days when u ovulate, to increase ur chances of getting pregnant. Besides that, u can try lifting ur butt up w a pillow after ur DH eject his sperms? To make sure the sperms do swim up and not flow out.

Give it a try ya & relax.. :) *hUggieS* I also had unprotected sex for almost 3yrs w/o hitting the jackpot but once I wasn't stress, voila! My no.2 came. Good luck gal!

Last edited:

CanCanMum

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f7/gynaecologists-tcm-sinseh-547/

got 1 thread with some mummies' recommendations.

my friend said she took health drinks and supplements to conceive...

my cousin who were takg contraceptives and wanted to conceive but failed for a long time actually conceived after they gave up...

so do not feel bad and stress yrself....coz u already checked and both of u r capable of having babies...

best wishes ya.