How long do you spend at the gym?

raciohurg

I just started recently-last time was 10+ years ago.

So the "trainer" recommended that I do treadmill, bike each time and then switch back and forth with upper/lower body- doing upper body one day and lower body the next time.

Even without the bike I'm spending about 1.5 hours + each time. Do I hate it that much or is that the norm?

I spend about a half hour on the treadmill. He has be on about seven machines each for upper and lower so it's about an hour on the machines.

If I add in the bike, then I'm up to two hours.

Is that about right? (Ugh)

ETA 1/30/23-Ha! I thought someone had seen me at the gym today.
First time in 6+ months!

Chetdmt

Hey there! Thanks for asking about how long we spend at the gym. But it's important to note that everyone's workout schedule is different, and what works for me may not work for you.

It really depends on what my workout plan is for the day, but generally I try to spend around 45 minutes to an hour at the gym. I like to keep my workouts short and intense, focusing on compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups at once.

Some people may spend 2 hours at the gym, while others may only spend 30 minutes. The most important thing is to find a workout schedule that works for you and your lifestyle.

If you're new to the gym and looking for guidance and support, I highly recommend visiting podaimaperformance.com. They offer a wide range of services, including personal training, sports specific training and group fitness classes that can help you achieve your fitness goals.

olivi1980

Starting at the gym after a while can indeed be an adjustment. Spending around 1.5 to 2 hours each session isn't uncommon, especially if you're incorporating both cardio and machine work. Remember, it's all about finding a routine that suits you and your fitness goals. If you're seeking more insights or tips, you might find Hitsona an interesting resource.
Don't worry, with time, your gym visits might become more enjoyable and even something to look forward to. Keep up the dedication, and those gym sessions will soon become a rewarding habit!

Last edited: