How Long Do You Swaddle a Baby?

apollo

i only swaddled ds for 1 week. in fact aft we come bk from hospital, we only half swaddle him only. means let his hands out swaddle his chest and below. a week later totally didnt swaddle. i feel tt must let their hands n legs out to 'exercise' haha! and SG weather is so hot!!! hw to swaddle? :tlaugh:

Amulet

i swaddle her all the way until she herself hate being swaddled.. which is ard 2nd month..

only dress her in a thin top, thn swaddle with the cloth napkin in the daytime coz it's more cooling..

nighttime swaddle her in sarong coz it's warmer..

Spiralng

Mine is 4 months. But at around 3 months, I only swaddle him when I am going to give him his nap.

Mummy to Baby V

If baby can sleep well without swaddling, then it's good to wean off the swaddle early. This allows baby more room to stretch and grow when asleep.

My boy was a high needs baby (VERY fussy sleeper), so we'd to swaddle him until 6 months old. Not recommended unless desperate for sleep.

camom

I didn't, we stopped the day we were discharged fr hospitals. My kids dun like being swaddled.

Ting

same, pin didnt like to be swaddled. always manage to get out after a few secs of swaddling so i give up.
even til now, she kicks her blankie away.

sunburst

After being discharged from hospital I did not swaddle anymore. Besides both my boys didn't like being swaddled... Would make angry noises & try to get their hands out all the time.

But supposedly swaddling helps to comfort bb & let them feel secure. I guess it depends on individuals.

NIisme

i didnt swaddle my darling Vyanne wor, her strength very big, abit unless to do that. LOL.

but my MIL said nv swaddle the baby for during the 1st month, den the baby will become very hand "itchy". well i not very sure.

Amulet

i didnt swaddle my darling Vyanne , her strength very big, abit unless to do that. LOL.

but my mother in law said never swaddle the baby for during the 1st month, then the baby will become very hand "itchy". well i not very sure.
haha.. i remember my massage ladies used to taught me to secure the swaddle with a safety pin.. it works very well..

apollo

i didnt swaddle my darling Vyanne , her strength very big, abit unless to do that. LOL.

but my mother in law said never swaddle the baby for during the 1st month, then the baby will become very hand "itchy". well i not very sure.
my dad said so too. every now and then when ds itchy hands, he will said cos i nv swaddle him for at least a mth. but IMO, every babies/toddlers have itchy hands. cos when they reach a certain age, they like to explore ard, nth to do with got swaddle anot. haha!:tlaugh:

sunburst

Lol I agree with Apollo... Kids "itchy" hand to explore & learn about their environment & things. So seriously don't think we should stop them but just guide them to keep then out of harms way.

NIisme

haha.. i remember my massage ladies used to taught me to secure the swaddle with a safety pin.. it works very well..
actually i dont dare to use safety pin on darling Vyanne, cos i afraid the pin will poke her, even the pin got safety cover. LOL

NIisme

my dad said so too. every now and then when dear son itchy hands, he will said cos i never swaddle him for at least a month. but IMO, every babies/toddlers have itchy hands. cos when they reach a certain age, they like to explore around, nth to do with got swaddle anot. haha!:tlaugh:
ya la, my MIL also say the same thing when she saw my darling Vyanne touch this and that. haha:tlaugh:

Amulet

my dad said so too. every now and then when dear son itchy hands, he will said cos i never swaddle him for at least a month. but IMO, every babies/toddlers have itchy hands. cos when they reach a certain age, they like to explore around, nth to do with got swaddle anot. haha!:tlaugh:
agree.. my DD swaddle until 2months+, her hands still VERY itchy..