How long does Lochia last after giving birth?

Brenbelle

Hi, I had undergo a C-sect delivery last week. How long roughly does the Lochia last after delivery & how long later does the actual monthly menstruation comes?

malibu

I also C-sect, mine last for about 3week , normal flow for first 10 days then just a few drop till almost 3rd week as my menstruation not alot.
I'm still fully breast feeding till now so still have not have my menstruation (for 9mth).

Brenbelle

Thanks malibu, I heard some can stretch up to 6 or 8 weeks. You mean menstruation will stop while we are breastfeeding and it will resume once we stop bf?

malibu

Yes, some of my friend have it by the 8th mth, some 1 yrs.
During the menstruation, the volume of breast milk will drop slightly but once finish the breast milk volume will back to normal.
Hope you have a great breast feeding time and take good care ya :)

Brenbelle

Yes, some of my friend have it by the 8th month, some 1 yrs.
During the menstruation, the volume of breast milk will drop slightly but once finish the breast milk volume will back to normal.
Hope you have a great breast feeding time and take good care ya :)
Thanks for the advice. :)

lyra

Mine was 1 month. I did total breastfeeding and fed solid food when baby was 6 months. Period only come back at 10 month after child birth and not regularly yet.

Alisa

mine was about 6-7 weeks then spotting on off throughtout 6mth of bfing. menses came few days after i stop bf.

Is it normal to have just a very light brownish flow (like en of period) & then suddenly heavy flow again?
I also had a c-sec 2 weeks back and am a bit confused abt my bleeding now.

felicity

Same here.. Was lighter n dull brownish.. Suddenly heavier again in third week n redder w blood clots. Is this normal?

zaclin29

It is normal to have blood clots in the later weeks. Those are the remains from yr placenta. As what my massage lady told me.