How long it takes to get recovered from c-sec birth?

aries80

Hi mummies

Wondering to find out how long it takes for you to get fully recovered from c-sec birth? Im now in my 5th week plus from the c-sec birth, but I still feel the uterus pain on and off. I have found myself bleeding again after the menses cleared one week ago. Is this normal?

LoVeS

Hi mummies

Wondering to find out how long it takes for you to get fully recovered from c-sec birth? Im now in my 5th week plus from the c-sec birth, but I still feel the uterus pain on and off. I have found myself bleeding again after the menses cleared one week ago. Is this normal?
it better for ya to check wif ur gynae if is normal or nt as normally ur gynae will need to do ultrasound scan to check if ur inside is ok or nt~

If u r toking abt fully recover including internal wound then it will take at least 6mths or even up to 1yr to recover BUT for the wound u see on ur bikini line it will take abt 6wks the most to recover~

uddermummy

it's about 3 months after my c-section and the cut has healed. still feels a bit tight tho.

yup, i do get weird aches and pains in my womb area now and then.

uddermummy

yup, i asked quite a few doc cos i don't really trust my gynae any more, but most of them seem to think i'm okay.

So i too paiseh to ask anymore. :embarrassed:

aries80

it better for ya to check wif your gynae if is normal or not as normally your gynae will need to do ultrasound scan to check if your inside is ok or not~

If you are talking about fully recover including internal wound then it will take at least 6mths or even up to 1yr to recover BUT for the wound you see on your bikini line it will take about 6wks the most to recover~

Thanks for the info. I have already fixed an appointment wiv my gynae next week. I have checked with the nurses over the phone on my case and they say that it is normal to have bleeding on and off eventhough the menses has already cleared. Hopefully everthing will be fine.

Can we go for malay massage at the moment before the ultrasound scan?

Btw, how long it takes for you guys to slim down? I am now 65 kgs, cant tahan my post natal figure and I am really desparate to slim down before returning to work on mid June. Sians..

Last edited:

LoVeS

Thanks for the info. I have already fixed an appointment wiv my gynae next week. I have checked with the nurses over the phone on my case and they say that it is normal to have bleeding on and off eventhough the menses has already cleared. Hopefully everthing will be fine.

Can we go for malay massage at the moment before the ultrasound scan?

Btw, how long it takes for you guys to slim down? I am now 65 kgs, cant tahan my post natal figure and I am really desparate to slim down before returning to work on mid June. Sians..
U can go for massage 14days after ur c-section.