how long to change size of baby diapers from NB to S?

MamaDT

Hi mummies

I am planning on number of packs of diapers for my little one coming out end of the year.

Hence, would like to check with you how long does it take before u change the size of diaper for your baby (frm size NB to S)? Pls advise the brand you use on your newborn too so I can gauge the number of pieces :)

Thanks! :)

pixie

The weight of your baby determines if you should change from NB to S. That said, there is no definite answer 'when' to change as it depends how much your baby has grown.

Hi,

I will suggest buy 1 pack of NB and S first. Like what pixie said, it really depends your baby's weight and bum shape even.

I made the mistakeof buying 2 packs of NB size and end up had to give away slightly more then 1 full pack.I used Drypers and my baby was 3.685kg at birth

Alisa

as long yr baby is 3kg bfore birth, he can wear S le. my son was 3.27 when born but we kept buying newborn cuz my husband don dare to change... end up i insist that he buy S instead.

Alisa

still not that tight but i don like it that there is not enough space at the bottom so his poo always flow up to his lower back... think NB is 0kg - 5kg ba. S is from 3kg onwards. Now i let him wear L 10kg onwards but his weight is only 9.4 kg.

Alisa

its up to u. i prefer to a bigger size that i can still tighten rather a just nice size and i cannot loosen.

cn naz

when my daughter weighed 4kg, i switched to S-sized because it felt like the newborn sized was too tight already.

sjchan

After about 1 1/2 mths I switched to S size because I found leakage problem and the diapers seems very short for my baby. I advise buy only 1 NB size then observe the growing of your baby.