How long Ur baby sleeps in the nite?

P4nic

My baby is about 7 weeks old now. She is on formula milk at nite and drinks about 100ml per feed. I noticed she starts to sleep longer in the nite >3hours but within 5 hours. Is it too long Coz she not even 2 mths old yet? Although it is good for me to catch longer naps but I do not wish to deprive her of the necessary nutrients.

Edwinie

it is fine as long as she's growing well. my mum told me that my sis and i slept through the night when we were just 1 month old!

but now i'm struggling with my son. he don't sleep at all! =(

apollo

u're lucky!! i;m sure there are many mummies feeling envious. haha. anw, every baby is different. I rmb my hub's aunt told me her daughter totally DIDNT wake up for night feed. From the 1st day she tc of her (3 or 4 day old), she didnt wake up at night, totally slp thru. and she even questioned me how come ds wake up every 2-3 hrs for night feed and tot my son was abnormal. -.-"

dovey55sg

My girl started sleeping for 5-6 hours when she was around 7 weeks old.
Now she's 2 months 12 days old, she sleeps about 8-9 hours on average.
The longest was just a few days ago, where she sleeps for 14 hours straight without any feed.

Treasure the time when they sleep longer, because their patterns might change again soon. You'll never know, when it comes to babies. :)

clearjade

I have the same worry about my boy getting enough nutrients. Now he sleeps 3-4hrs at night, longest was 5hrs.

Previously he would only sleep 20mins a few times during the day and 1-2hrs at night, I was feeding him every hour back then. Now feeding him every 2.5-3 or even 4hrs sometimes depending on when he wakes up.

Edit 'cos forgot to include his age is 6weeks.

Last edited:

dovey55sg

IMO, I feel that every baby is different.
As long as they're growing well and putting on weight, there shouldn't be too much of a worry.
Just follow your mother instinct.

Consult your pediatrician if you're still unsure or worried.

Enjoy motherhood!

My girl used to wait up every 2 hrs for feed during the night when
she was abt 1 mth. It was really tiring. Eg 11pm feed finish plus burp already 12am. She slp till 1am wake up again!!! But after abt 2 mths old her feeding time is 3hrs. Last feed at night can last up till 6hrs. But sometimes can't. ESP when cold weather she will
still wake up every 3-4hrs. At night 8plus 9 last feed she will wake up at 1 or 3am then after dat follow back to 3hrs. Drinks abt 160ml after milk powder and water mix tgt. It's gd that ur baby can slp longer. Next time slowly can cut away night feeding le. Like last milk 11pm. Slp till 6am. Sometimes my girl do that. See her mood and stomach la. Hahahha

PinkDiamonds

Unless baby has health issues like not growing well, jaundice which makes them sleep longer, etc, I think to sleep longer than 3 hours at night is fine. It's also a good thing as your baby may be starting to differentiate between day & night, thus she sleeps longer at night.

ling.er

My son last feed was about 9pm + then slp @ 10pm some time early 930pm.. 1am + he will start making noise then gt to feed him water.. Some time milk ... Then will try to swing him back to slp.. Then mornin 5am make noise again.. = ="

PTB7476

My son last feed was about 9pm + then slp @ 10pm some time early 930pm.. 1am + he will start making noise then gt to feed him water.. Some time milk ... Then will try to swing him back to slp.. Then mornin 5am make noise again.. = ="
Mine almost the same Routine As yours. Sleep at 10+ and wake up at 2 or 3+ and then back to 3hr interval and wake up at 5-6 am. Wonder how to make Him skip the 3am feed

aahdorr

my 6 week bb oso 2-3hrs in theday till evening .. at nite 4-5 hours .. it good for bb to noe at nite to sleep longer . so when bb is older u can let them sleep till morning..

7-10pm

10-12am

12am-5am

5am-9am

Last edited:

ling.er

Mine almost the same Routine As yours. Sleep at 10+ and wake up at 2 or 3+ and then back to 3hr interval and wake up at 5-6 am. Wonder how to make Him skip the 3am feed
My fren told mi tat try feed him more in day time.. So nigh time he can skip tat drink... Try but no use = =

P4nic

wow.. thanks mummy for the reply.. ya my gal has been sleeping longer in the nite now.. longest 5 hrs but i noticed day time she very active dun wan sleep.. i have to carry her all the time.. which is quite tiring!!!

duckiemom

hey P4nic mommy,
since ur gal is starting to sleep longer in the nite, it is probably she is starting to get used to it and hopefully will
extend to longer hours for you! My Belle start sleeping throughout (from8pm to 5am) from 2mths old..