how many days to 'tahan' not bathing?

evayang82

Hi mummies,

wonder what's the standard days that can start bathing for delivered mummies?
or what's the days that mummies in the forum can 'tahan' not bathing during the confinement period?

knut29

i bath twice, once at 2nd week and once at end of confinement.. both bath in herbal bath..

the first time you must wait till at least 12 days i heard..

other times i just use rice wine mixed with water and use cloth dampen in it to wipe body..

i bath twice, once at 2nd week and once at end of confinement.. both bath in herbal bath..

the first time you must wait till at least 12 days i heard..

other times i just use rice wine mixed with water and use cloth dampen in it to wipe body..
yeah!, same on the 12th day. I bathe myself with herbal water. before 12 days, I jus wipe myself with cloth using the rice wine water, for hair, I use the powder wash so that it wun be so oily.

after the 12 days, i bathe myself once after every 4 to 5 days.=)

lekdao

wah seh .... you people can really tahan. I bathe on the 8th day with herbal water, on every alternate days. Anything before that i wipe my body wif herbal water + J&J shower foam. On the 12th days i washed my hair once every 4th to 5th days, till i complete my 40th days of confinement. Sigh

After confinement, shower daily in the afternoon as per instructed by my MIL.

knut29

oh i didnt shampoo my hair at all.. neither did i use powder over my hair.. i was trying to test my determination.. =p and my husband says i smell weird for that whole month.. =s

luckily for me, though it didn't rain during my confinement, the weather wasn't super hot like in May this year.. =s

oh i didnt shampoo my hair at all.. neither did i use powder over my hair.. i was trying to test my determination.. =p and my husband says i smell weird for that whole month.. =s

luckily for me, though it didn't rain during my confinement, the weather wasn't super hot like in May this year.. =s
i salute u!=D ahahahah i wana tahan thruout! bBUT i seriously give up.... haahahaha

apollo

i shower on the day i went home. not 100% shower but i washed my back cos i got rashes so keeping myself clean and dry was a must. before reaching the 12th day, i alrdy showered with herbal water, 12th day onwards then wash my hair. Mummies, no matter hw much u wanna follow the rules, pls rmb to use wet towel to wipe and clean ur breast (cos u're going to BF baby and i'm sure u dont wish baby to taste ur sweat) and wash ur private part. that was the main 2 area i washed DAILY though I cant wash my hair. =)

Edwinie

i bath everyday with the herbal packet bought from the chinese medical store. can't stand not bathing...

and i don't believe in the chinese aspect of confinement... i only love the good herbal confinement that i get to eat though. lol!

mummy jay

Wow! Talk about tahan! I didn't know about the 12 days rule so I washed my hair on the 5th day hahaha. I wanted to bathe but I had a c-sect so cannot take out the binding ang dressing...so can only wipe. I bathed on the 10th day, after my gynae said the wound was healed. Washed my hair every 1-2 days, bathe every single day. Whatever it is, I used super hot water and herbal water and blow-dry hair immediately. :wong29:

evayang82

Hi mummies,

thanks for the input...

currently doing my confinement... seriously begin to wonder how true this confinement rules are.
can't go out, can't blow wind/ air con, can't bathe, can't drink cold stuff, everyday wrap like 'bak zhang' is really driving me nuts

like charlotte... seriously want to up... and eat anything i like, drink anything i want, go to places where i would want to visit... haha... :D

apollo

Hi mummies,

thanks for the input...

currently doing my confinement... seriously begin to wonder how true this confinement rules are.
can't go out, can't blow wind/ air con, can't bathe, can't drink cold stuff, everyday wrap like 'bak zhang' is really driving me nuts

like charlotte... seriously want to up... and eat anything i like, drink anything i want, go to places where i would want to visit... haha... :D
ehhh i on aircon daily from 3pm onwards all the way till next day 8am. my mum agreed with me doing so cos the weather was way too hot. We feel that if the chinese belief is try not to blow wind, then shd avoid fan than aircon and i managed to 'psycho' my mum by telling her since i've been slping in AC room for 3 nights in hospital, why cant i continue with AC when i'm back home? Hospital AC is much more cooler than home ones. LOL!!

evayang82

ehhh i on aircon daily from 3pm onwards all the way till next day 8am. my mum agreed with me doing so cos the weather was way too hot. We feel that if the chinese belief is try not to blow wind, then should avoid fan than aircon and i managed to 'psycho' my mum by telling her since i've been sleeping in AC room for 3 nights in hospital, why cant i continue with AC when i'm back home? Hospital AC is much more cooler than home ones. LOL!!

apollo mummy,

:D i had the same thought on air con as you... hee...
i always negotiate for air con at night... giving all sort of excuses...
imagine can't bathe and its so hot.... body so greasy and sticky filled with sweat...
to me fan is like a ferrari... air con is like lamborgini.. whahaha~

llcyahoo

Csection also. bath n wash my hair in the hospital on the 2nd days. Got v v oily hair and it drop alot. Went home try to bath everyday when my CL went hm. hehehe. As long the water is hot i think is ok. Singapore so hot!!!Yes aircon on, it so hot tht i hv no mood to eat also.

XenXuan

Hi all mummies,I'm currently going on my 3rd week of confinement for my 2nd baby.. I've bathed on the 3rd day(1st day home from hospital) of my natural birth delivery for both confinements,using herbal bath..Wats the difference in not bathing n washing hair?we still need to wash our private part everytime after we went toilet.. Bathed only 5times for my 1st confinement,was too tired to do anything else.. currently bathing daily for this confinement..

I sleep in air con room,go out for meals n some shopping,baby check ups on certain days.. Only the 1st week seems more unbearable as wound site still hurts but now seems fine already.. But will still wear a jacket when go out to avoid nagging from my mom..

Me n my hubby believes that all those cannot bath,cannot blow wind only applies to those in cold weather countries ppl like china.. Singapore weather so hot,who can tahan all that sweat,grease/oil n bacteria on ur body for days?I can't imagine handling baby with such much bacteria on me..

My parents used to nag at me for not listening to them for such "old rules of confinement" but as my 2nd confinement now,they absorbed n accepted our thinking too.. Confinement is juz a time to rest n re-nutrition ur body while adapting to a new member in family.. My mom does both my confinement for me.. I only tell her as long as i eat healthy n nutrition enough,dun need to be cooking everyday for all meals.. as she helps take care of baby at times,I dun1 her 2 tired herself too much..

I know my way of confinement will usually get scoldings from older generation people but I feel I'm comfortable n healthy this way,I dun bother what older people believes hhahaha.. =p

shopaholic

I am a clean freak so I cant stand not bathing. I started to hv herbal bath after I came back from hospital. Thereafter, it's daily herbal bath. I washed my hair on alternate days though. To me, nothing beats being clean and comfortable.

XenXuan

Agree with Shopaholic.. I dunno why my skin feels so oily often during confinement.. Juz came out from herbal bath not long,i started feeling oily skin again.. I'm not sweating,normal skin type b4 n during pregnancy but kept felt oily n greasy skin now.. Mom said it's my body removing toxins.. Any1 have similar problem?

durianfan

hi mummies,

how many days is your confinement period ? I'm expecting my first baby due in Nov 2011. heard that standard CL is 28 days but I'm told to do confinement for 40 days. How many days is yours ?

hi mummies,

how many days is your confinement period ? I'm expecting my first baby due in Nov 2011. heard that standard CL is 28 days but I'm told to do confinement for 40 days. How many days is yours ?
I did mine in 28 days lo by my MIL 40 days one more strict.. usually the CL u hired only do for 28 days....

evayang82

Agree with Shopaholic.. I dont know why my skin feels so oily often during confinement.. just came out from herbal bath not long,i started feeling oily skin again.. I'm not sweating,normal skin type before n during pregnancy but kept felt oily n greasy skin now.. Mom said it's my body removing toxins.. Any1 have similar problem?

Me too... i felt greasy and oily... so much so that i lay a big towel on the bed that i sleep in during my confinement... even with that, i also felt very greasy.