how many days to 'tahan' not bathing?

apollo

hi mummies,

how many days is your confinement period ? I'm expecting my first baby due in Nov 2011. heard that standard CL is 28 days but I'm told to do confinement for 40 days. How many days is yours ?
CL standard is only 28 days. if u wanna do proper 40 days, either u ask ur CL if she can stay for 40 days and u pay her more, or the reamining 12 days u just refrain urself from taking those 'forbidden' foods will do. i did mine for 28 days, aft tt started my cold drinks and shower as usual but i took chk/fish essence regularly for a few weeks. =)

pipilili

Have you guys heard of the dry shampoo/shower? Does that help to curb the oil from our body. My mum insists I only have a thorough bath once every 12 days. I am not sure if I can tahan so I decided to get the dry shampoo/shower.

Can we bathe 2x per day if we are that oily cos I feel disgusted. I am the type who will bathe when I feel oily and dirty...so I think I might not be able to take the 'tradition' set by my mum.:001_302:

meowonline

how does the herbal bath help us? am a non-chinese..so where can I get it? does it prevent us from catching cold after baths?

evayang82

how does the herbal bath help us? am a non-chinese..so where can I get it? does it prevent us from catching cold after baths?
I heard that herbal bath can help to get rid of the 'wind' in the body.
It can be purchase in most chinese medical hall.
It was told that we need to clean dry ourselves after the bath so as not to have 'wind' get into the body.

But i always wonder why in the first place it was always told that mummies can't touch water during confinement, but can use herbal bath?
And how dry is dry gonna be? :p

Last edited:
Have you guys heard of the dry shampoo/shower? Does that help to curb the oil from our body. My mum insists I only have a thorough bath once every 12 days. I am not sure if I can tahan so I decided to get the dry shampoo/shower.

Can we bathe 2x per day if we are that oily cos I feel disgusted. I am the type who will bathe when I feel oily and dirty...so I think I might not be able to take the 'tradition' set by my mum.:001_302:
u mean the powder shampoo? i used that... but i look so old after using... it makes my hair looks grey... like those old auntie. hate it... but it do help to make ur hair less oily...

Alisa

check with u gals, if using herbs to bath, can use soap & shampoo or just purely rinse with the herbs water??

XenXuan

i bath normally with soap n shampoo all that,juz rinse over with herbal water lastly b4 i came out of shower..

I bathe daily after birth. Bathe in the noon with hot water. Din use any herbs cos bought the lemongrass shower gel. Even i got c-sec gynae also say can bath and must bath cos hygiene. I wash my hair every 3days but blow dry. On the fan and aircon too. With tat im also sweating cos of the heaty food consume.

Pinkliciouz

I bath on the 12th day that I got home. My CL boiled the water with the herbal pack that my MIL bought for me. From then on, I bath everyday. After discharge from hospital, I rinse the wound everyday with water cos natural birth must keep very clean, otherwise I scared get infection... Now those medical halls very good, everything also got ready pack. Bathing herbs, soup, tonics...

xiaodaisy

my first kid , i bath on the 3rd day and every 2 days in confinement .. the first 2 wks , i bathed in herbal water and after that just normal bath ..
on my second kid , i bath on the day i give birth in hospital .. and every 2 days in confinement with normal bath ..

i really cant stand my hair being oily and i cant get to sleep in such condition , so i bath kinda early compared to others .. for my second birth , i even get nagged by the 3 other mummies and their hubbies which had the same room as mine in the hospital .. =x

Renzie

I bathed on the day I was discharged. Cannot take it, feeling super hot and sweaty. Washed my hair as well, but blowdry it immediately. Had used those herbal bath, used the masterbedroom toilet, so had shut all the windows and doors before bathing to prevent wind from coming in.

I'm allowed aircon but no fan. haha so at least bedtime not too bad.

lyra

Spoke to many relatives who had gone thro confinement. All of them will say muz follow this rule n that rule but after chatting for a while, almost all of them would confess they actually secretly bathed with hot water or switched on Aircon or fan etc. So far nobody follow thro all rules. So I'm not gng to tahan not bathing. It just isn't rational for Singapore's climate. I'm gng to bath right after delivery but of course after resting. I bet those mothers who nag will later secretly bath themselves!

Amulet

i bath on the 3rd day after delivery already.. the 'cannot bath' rule is bullshit and not applicable to our country la..

don't follow the rules blindly.. try to find out n understand why is there such a rule in the first place..

Same here. I bathe and wash hair on 2nd day in hospital for both my pregnancies. C-sect some more. Those rules do not make sense in this humidity, day and age. Common sense tells us in olden day China during winter it is too difficult to get hot water for bath. Hygiene is of utmost importance to me. How can I keep my wounds clean or even breastfeed my babies if I do not wash myself with soap and water? My parents are not old fashion folks and like me, agree that those rules are so passe.

Amulet

Same here. I bathe and wash hair on 2nd day in hospital for both my pregnancies. C-sect some more. Those rules do not make sense in this humidity, day and age. Common sense tells us in olden day China during winter it is too difficult to get hot water for bath. Hygiene is of utmost importance to me. How can I keep my wounds clean or even breastfeed my babies if I do not wash myself with soap and water? My parents are not old fashion folks and like me, agree that those rules are so passe.
yeah.. i had c-sec too.. likewise, my mum is not those old fashion kind.. and damn.. i really sweat buckets.. cannot imagine the amt of germs that colonize on me if i really goes without showering..