How many milk bottles is enough for NB?

diymummy

It depends if you want to feed formula or breast milk.

For me, I breastfed as well as gave EBM. I bought Avent small bottles (125ml) and I bought 2 of them at first.

corinne22

Erm.. I intend to do half-half. Which means I will let baby drink breast milk and also formula.

So diymummy, you mean just buy small ones first? Also, should I buy two sizes of teats since there will be breast milk (smaller hole) and formula (1 size bigger than small)?

Thanks so much for the advicce! :)

diymummy

Erm.. I intend to do half-half. Which means I will let baby drink breast milk and also formula.

So diymummy, you mean just buy small ones first? Also, should I buy two sizes of teats since there will be breast milk (smaller hole) and formula (1 size bigger than small)?

Thanks so much for the advicce! :)
I only bought 1 teat size. Formula no need bigger hole :)

Aim for TBF. I had to do half-half coz my baby had problems sucking and was small.

I was aimming for TBF that's why only got 2 bottles to spare. My friends who feed formula (not breastfeeding at all) bought 4-6 bottles.

apollo

i bought 4 and used all. cos i have some pro latching on thus the LC told me to pump out the milk.

try to latch on if can. latching on is the best way to stimulate the BM. =)

ling.er

When my son was born, i also had same problem. Diffcult to latch on. So i half half as u did .. I use 3 pigeon milk bottle ( hold up to 160ML)

If can try latch more dun give up ^^

Kxmum

I only bought 2 bottles, 1 big (240ml) and 1 small (125ml). Actually when you buy the storage bottles for breast milk, it can double up as a feeding bottle, just directly screw on the teat.