how many should i feed my 7m baby?

p1nk

Hi mummies,

Since delivery until now, i always breastfeed my baby. But maybe next month i will working, so i need to pump my milk.
Now i already pump my milk, but i only got 60ml on 1 breast. Is it enough for my maybe to take so little amount of milk.
Now my baby is 7m, how many ml i should feed my baby once? Should i mix with formula?
When i'm breastfeed, it seems my milk can satisfy my baby.
Is it diffrent output when u pumping and breastfeed??
Thanks for the advise.

Amulet

did u achieve letdown wen u are pumping?

each time she latch, is it one side or two side?

LeiaRaine

Hi,

From what I have read, you shouldn't compare the volume of milk pumped out against formula milk that other babies are drinking because the composition of breast milk and FM is different and our body will adjust the fat content according to the baby's needs. Also, direct latching and pumping tend to have different output, it seems that as you pump longer, the volume of milk you can express reduces as there is no direct stimulation from the baby. I would suggest you continue to provide breastmilk as long as you can, observe your baby to see if they are satisfied. If they are not, then you can consider mixing with formula. However, your 7 month old baby should be on solids already, so he/she should be good on bm and solids.

biscuit

Hi mummies,

Since delivery until now, i always breastfeed my baby. But maybe next month i will working, so i need to pump my milk.
Now i already pump my milk, but i only got 60ml on 1 breast. Is it enough for my maybe to take so little amount of milk.
Now my baby is 7m, how many ml i should feed my baby once? Should i mix with formula?
When i'm breastfeed, it seems my milk can satisfy my baby.
Is it diffrent output when you pumping and breastfeed??
Thanks for the advise.
Hi,

agree with previous mummy that cant compare breastfed baby with formula fed peers. My boy is 8M+ now, only drinnking about 80ml EMB every 2 hours. while my friends boy at 7M+ drinks 150mls every 2.5 hours.

you can refer to this site on "how much to feed your bb" when u start working.
kellymom.com :: How much expressed milk will my baby need?

you can use the calculator to count roughly you will know how much your bb needs.

1 advise is, store each bottle in smaller mls, and start off with not too much to prevent wastage. if bb seems to need more, then can always add in 20-30mls after a feed.

7months should on solid already, remember to always feed EBM first before feed solid. Milk is the most important for the 1st year. not solid. :)

for your pumping output, sometimes i also get about 60-100ml each side, depends on with let-down or not.

suggest you pump atleast 2 times if you are 8-9 hours separate with bb.

TRY your best not to supplement with Formula..

GOod luck and hope above helps..

p1nk

My baby started the solid at 6 month, now she taking solid 2/day, and 1/day of snack(fruit).
My schedule to feed my baby is like this : BM,solid,BM,solid,BM,snack,BM. When my baby wakeup in the middle of night, i always give her BM (my baby still wake up in the middle of night for nurshing).
Is it my feeding schedule appropriate??
O ya, i also already have my period just couple of week ago. As i know, mother that breastfeed will delayed the period to come. Is my period also affect to my BM supply??
Can advise how ml, i should prepare for my girl, when i already go to work. I already try to give her my 150 ml BM using bottle, but she seems not enough, and i continue to brestfeed her like usual, until she sleep. Is it because of when baby suck on the nipple can give baby comfort compare with the bottle??

thepinkdot

My baby started the solid at 6 month, now she taking solid 2/day, and 1/day of snack(fruit).
My schedule to feed my baby is like this : BM,solid,BM,solid,BM,snack,BM. When my baby wakeup in the middle of night, i always give her BM (my baby still wake up in the middle of night for nurshing).
Is it my feeding schedule appropriate??
O ya, i also already have my period just couple of week ago. As i know, mother that breastfeed will delayed the period to come. Is my period also affect to my BM supply??
Can advise how ml, i should prepare for my girl, when i already go to work. I already try to give her my 150 ml BM using bottle, but she seems not enough, and i continue to brestfeed her like usual, until she sleep. Is it because of when baby suck on the nipple can give baby comfort compare with the bottle??
hi.. umm... perhaps u wanna space out ur solids a little? its advisable to do.. solids during the morning.. and mid afternoon..

so perhaps u could try
-> BM, solids, BM, snack, BM, solid, BM, BM
instead or something along the lines...

that's what i've done for my 6 mths + girl..

and yes.. period will affect ur supply. try to take fenugreek, drink more water etc (all the increase supply tricks).. it is true that latching onto the breast does provide comfort.. hence, the term comfort nursing..

Mummy to Baby V

I also breastfed son directly. Occasionally when I pumped, the volume varies. But he certainly didn't drink 5-6 oz a feed, which is common for FM-fed babies. And he still grew very chubbily, guess it's from the high fats and nutrition content.

Since you're returning to work, might have to let baby adjust to not sleeping on the breasts. This could make naptime easier under another caregiver. My boy loves to suckle to sleep but I always avoid it. Will feed him first, then change, have stories, singing -- a bedtime routine to let him sleep / nap without suckling.