How many ways to cook with 'egg' ?

skerminesp

"Yesterday I watched this programme on tv and they were introducing some old forgotten ways to cook with eggs. There was this very interesting dish where they used seasoned minced meat to fill the egg shell in place of egg yolk, pour the egg white back inside and steam the entire egg".[/QUOTE]

Wow camom... that method of minced meat (to replace yolk) and steam inside the egg shell is very interesting. How did they season the meat? Is the meat pre cooked already or raw?

Last edited:

camom

"Yesterday I watched this programme on tv and they were introducing some old forgotten ways to cook with eggs. There was this very interesting dish where they used seasoned minced meat to fill the egg shell in place of egg yolk, pour the egg white back inside and steam the entire egg".
Wow camom... that method of minced meat (to replace yolk) and steam inside the egg shell is very interesting. How did they season the meat? Is the meat pre cooked already or raw?[/quote]

The meat was raw when the chef started. The chef made this small hole on the top of the egg shell to drain the egg white and yolk and separated them. He then slowly added raw seasoned minced meat into the shell via that small hole & shook the egg shell gently after he added a qty similar to the size of the yolk. Apparently, this will firm up the ball of mince inside and make it round. He then piped the egg white back into the shell and steam it standing (the hole is on top) in a bowl.

This show is from HK so I wld guess the seasonings used are the usual sesame oil, pepper and soy sauce/salt.

skerminesp

From what you described, seems like the trick/skill is in the shaking of the raw meat when it is in the egg shell (to make it round and firm), to make this recipe a success. Thank you for the clarification, I plan to try this unique recipe over the weekend.