How much is your baby feeding now?

iwan2noe

Hi dear mummies,
I'm breastfeeding my gal exclusively n we r in our 2nd mth of breastfeeding. Here, I mean I am bottle feeding my gal with my ebm. Currently, she drinks ard 80-90ml n i notice that after every fee. She seems to want more. Is wondering if I'm giving her too little..

Can anyone advise if I can or shd I increase her feeding vol since bb on breastmilk get hungry easily.

Thanks so much!:)

diymummy

Hi iwan2noe,

My PD gave me this formula to calculate how much baby should be drinking in 24 hrs.

Upper limit: 200ml x baby's weight (KG)
Lower limit: 150ml x baby's weight (KG)

So if you're feeding between the upper limit and lower limit in a 24hr period, your baby is having enough to drink. For amt to feed at each feed, just divide by the number of feeds a day.

Other ways to judge if your baby is having enough is making sure that there're abt 6-8 wet diapers a day as well as weight gain.

shiyi

im apparently feeding her with bout 110ml now as for her weight(4.7kg), she shd be drinkin that amt

hueychye79

My boy is about 8kg and his intake is about 120ml to 140ml.

Naughty boy can only finish the milk by separate 2 times..(within 1 hr)

apollo

when ds was 2mth old, he was drinking 120ml every 2hrs.. if u notice ur baby still seems hungry, mayb u can slowly gif her more.. is she on total bf-ing? if so, mayb u can try adding 10-20ml 1st? to see if she can finish and will vomit anot.. is on FM, den add 30ml at a time =)

ohstrawberry

huechy79,
My boy intake same as your boy, i always worried he's not having enough milk. Sometimes he only take half bottle (ard 80ml) then don't want already, somemore he only want to drink milk every 3hrs, a bit little right.
What is the time gap for your boy next feeding?

My boy is about 8kg and his intake is about 120ml to 140ml.

Naughty boy can only finish the milk by separate 2 times..(within 1 hr)

Verona's

Hey iwan2noe ,

I gave her ebm most of the time only formula in the night , but she can sleep at least 6 hours in the night already so only fed her one time formula now :) During the day she can drink up to 120ml-150ml if she is really hungry or else 100ml , normal she will cry for more if not full enough !

shiyi

Hey iwan2noe ,

I gave her ebm most of the time only formula in the night , but she can sleep at least 6 hours in the night already so only fed her one time formula now :) During the day she can drink up to 120ml-150ml if she is really hungry or else 100ml , normal she will cry for more if not full enough !
wow she can slp 6hrs str8? lucky u!

Porukadotzu

when my gal 2 mth she can drink 100-120ml every 2-3 hours... when entering 3mth i tried to increase to 150-180ml and she can finish it so untill now i feed her around 180ml..but sometime she can finish, sometimes she left out around 20-30ml.