how much milk does a 3mth old drink?

Cosha

Hi, my 3mth baby's milk intake suddenly decreased from 130-140(3hrly) to 100-120(3.5-4hrly). He weighs 6.2kg now on the 50th percentile. He's quite a small baby as his nb weight was 2.83kg. Anyone has similar issues?

LyDeeAna

My son was born at 2.4kg... at 3months he was abt 6.4...
His intake is 150ml every 3hrly...
Now at 5mths, he is abt 9kg...

Cosha

Does their intake gets lesser as they grow? He used to drink 800+ml a day.. The past 2 days he only takes 600+... He still poo and pee like usual... I've seen a pd he asked me to try other FM but I've tried s26, similac total comfort and Enfa but he had bad reflux... His reflux only got better with friso..

LyDeeAna

My son milk intake got lesser when I start to introduce so food to him like cereal n biscuits..
Food makes him much full so maybe thats y my son milk intake is lesser..

Recently my son rejects milk totally.. a similac personel told me it might be because due to teething or he doesnt like his milk bottle teats.. I change a few brands... until finally we found one.. he drank his milk normally at abt 180ml still...

Cosha

My son is still too young to teeth... I had problems when I stopped bf him too and also tried different teats till we found tommie tippie. Will monitor and see how he is.. thanks alot! :)

aeon13

I read that the amount of milk a baby drinks is related to his weight. Lower limit for 1 day is:
150ml x weight
Upper limit is:
200ml x weight

If he is on 3hrly feed, means each day feed 8times. So each time is:
150ml x weight/8 = ?? ml to
200ml x weight/8 = ?? ml